Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found this on eBay last night. Just had to order two.

Light Switch.jpg

Love. Wish it still had the flathead 4.
I know we're all Toyota guys but I have a soft spot for old 4x4.
I'm mad at you Jason, after lunch I got on the phone with DMV trying to figure out how to get a title. I have officially been enabled!:hmm: I may be able to run it though my parents house in Alabama, all they need is a bill of sale for registration.

I'm running the numbers now to see what I should pay for it.

.....If it follows me home, can I bring it to the next HAMOM to bring it back to life?

I got a title with only an out-of-state bill of sale - it was actually trivial. Go for the theft inspection, register, 2 weeks later title is in your mailbox.

So for $95k you get white spoke wagon wheels, sagging rear springs, no heater, no radio, and no shifter boot on the transfer selector? Also looks like no grommets on the wiring harness that passes thru the firewall. They are proud of their zinc plated muffler bearing though.

Lucky they didn't share pictures of the underside or engine compartment. :meh:

Probably drum brakes too. The paint is real shiny though. It is obviously a Central or South American truck...and the seller is obviously smoking crack with a $95K asking price.

The yellow 40 is a member of the 50/50 club; looks terrific at 50 MPH from 50' away.

EDIT: Stated all the weatherstripping and felt was OEM Toyota new. Isn't all this now Unobtanium? Unless he found some NOS somewhere

Probably drum brakes too. The paint is real shiny though. It is obviously a Central or South American truck...and the seller is obviously smoking crack with a $95K asking price.

I thought the same thing with the heater delete, but the ad said Japan...

I thought the same thing with the heater delete, but the ad said Japan...

The ad does say, "Original from Japan" but I'm pretty sure they all are "Original from Japan" and this seller's idea of "original" is very sketchy. The "original" wagon wheels and "original" yellow color being highly suspect. I would have thought a JDM 40 would have been a BJ and not an FJ, but I could be wrong. The fact that the vehicle is located where it is (coastal MS) leads me to believe it was likely brought in from Central or South America. All those SA trucks seem to come in there or in FL.

Have you ever driven by an Eagles Beachwear or a Wings at the beach and seen a big gaudy sign that says, "Going Out For Business Sale?" The same sign goes up every year and they never close the doors to the store. They are not going out of business. They are going out FOR business! This guy uses the phrase, "Original from Japan" the same way those stores use "Going Out For Business"...to trick and deceive. It's hilarious, really...and he should put down the crack pipe.

Last edited:
From Japan would be right hand drive.

Fiskars StaySharp Max 18" Reel Mower. $50. Excellent condition except for missing knob on the blade height adjuster. The modern king of the push mowers. Punish your children just like your grandparents did! Pick up in Charlotte.

IMG_8733.jpg

The gunk on the bottom of the blades is just dirt that I'm too lazy to clean, not rust.
IMG_8734.jpg

Bow and SUP

Two stand-up paddle boards for sale. Wavestorm brand - 9'6" length, 300# weight capacity. Comes with adjustable paddle and a protective sock to store it in.

$225 each - $400 together

Bow package - good for youth or beginner adult (especially one with long arm span) - Mission Craze bow (right hand), hard case, 6 arrows with target points, and practice target

$300

I would say scam or the mileage is over 350k. Or deal of the century.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom