For Sale Section (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was being polite and not saying that. LOL.

Someone buy the FJ. I need to sell that man my Golf!

Judging by the price he clearly doesn't really want to sell it.

How's the outback?

It was good. Had the prime rib, but they were out of garlic mashed potatoooohhhh, you talking to hugs-n-kisses-duece

It's good. For where we are with fam / my travel schedule / work, it's ideal. Hitch, 8x5 utility trailer, can haul 2000 lbs loaded on the trailer, good space interior with seats down, getting around 26mpg daily driving it. Seats four adults comfortably. Rear seats heated, and recline, so comfy for customers when I have to drive them around. All in all, I'm really happy with it. I drove to Athens GA loaded down with all my camera gear + assistant, going at a pretty good clip, and got 29 average.

Only slight gripe is I haven't yet gotten a tank over 30mpg. I've never had any vehicle that I've gotten advertised hwy mileage on except the Golf TDI. I think it's my right foot's fault.

So what's a fair price for the FJ? Errbody says it's too high but I haven't seen anyone throw out what it should be. What's reasonable for an FJ of that year, mileage, and condition?

There are very few people who buy $25k vehicles in a private sale. The nature of the current market. It was hard as heck getting rid of a $15k truck. But after a year, I ran across the right buyer who happened to find an old CL ad.
Most cars in that range end up being traded in for another vehicle that they make payments on.

I personally used kbb.com for numbers. I'm not putting numbers out for another person's vehicle. He stated what he wanted, it is what it is. Is it on CL? I doubt it will get much interest on mud. Mud is a daycare, for parents who already have children. You need a bar, where people are looking to make children. CL.

It was good. Had the prime rib, but they were out of garlic mashed potatoooohhhh, you talking to hugs-n-kisses-duece

I was just talking. Did you get the bloomin onion with a Fosters?

There are very few people who buy $25k vehicles in a private sale...
I'm not putting numbers out for another person's vehicle.

I like what you did there.

Didn't really mean to, LOL.
I was generalizing the number.

It is a good point about the newer used cars. Hard to justify the private party values when the KBB fair market value for a new 2014 with steel wheels, off-road package, six speed manual(what I would choose if I was buying one) is only 28,500

We bought a new accord in 2004 and it was the same deal, two year old ones were asking more than nicer new ones were selling for at the dealer.

fjkbb.png

FJCs are a odd vehicle. New were selling for more than they are suppose to and used price are not going down much. Havent gone down much that Ive seen since I started paying attention in 2008.

I bought mine in 2009 for 26k, its a trd edition 6 speed and had 3k miles on the clock. I was offered 30k for it a few years later which I almost took but decided not to as I would just want another one to replace it and they were hard to find even new back then and they were 33-37k then, not including tag,title and tax so I wouldnt have come out ahead. I almost traveled 1000 miles to buy one off the internet back in 09 when I wanted one.:confused:

They are no longer available new and were always limited in production numbers compared to other toyota models so buying new is no longer an option as all thats left is whatever dealers have on stock. (saw one thread where a dealer had a 2014 for 50k o_O a month or so) the average price of them at dealers if they have any stock left is 37,500

The cheapest FJC i did see in the last 2 years at a dealer was 34k, the sub 30k didnt exist in the south east the last 4 years. Thats whats driven me nuts about toyotas the last 10 years or so. The FJC is suppose to cost under 30 nicely loaded. You cannot find a stirpped model for under 34k. The TACOMA is suppose to cost under 30k nicely loaded new????? wish that was possible. I would be driving a new Tacoma or 4runner if they sold for what Toyota suggests.

this forum has alot of people from all over the country buying and selling them and they are getting more then one would think they could. It varies by region somewhat, I would list there as its pretty common for people on that site to fly in to a place and drive home with one.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/

being a vehicle that is pretty expensive 20k plus it could take alittle longer to sell like others have mentioned

I wish Toyotas could be had for cheaper...... I would have a barn full if I could of Toyota 4x4s :)

Last edited:
Want to comment sooooooo badly but will not.

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.

I say that to say, some days you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

And there are some sick folks that like being the pigeon.

Want to comment sooooooo badly but will not.

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.

I say that to say, some days you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

And there are some sick folks that like being the pigeon.

I think your brain was probably pickled when you wrote that at - 1:03AM :cheers:

Does anyone in Alabama know of hard doors for a later model 40 that are in good shape that are forsale. I'll be traveling all over the next few weeks so I'm hoping to find a set I can pick up while I'm out . Also looking for later model roof sides and windshield frame but I figure doors are more important to me right now.

Does anyone in Alabama know of hard doors for a later model 40 that are in good shape that are forsale. I'll be traveling all over the next few weeks so I'm hoping to find a set I can pick up while I'm out . Also looking for later model roof sides and windshield frame but I figure doors are more important to me right now.

No such thing anymore... Know a few folks who've done this:

http://www.cruisercorps.com/lower-d...AcdzjmiZHbjtlHki_TICfcOQhDHSGMcsejBoCbp3w_wcB

I've thought about getting some of the patches. The price makes me think I could save some by spending more for complete doors with weather stripping in good shaped. I'm getting nickeled and dimed with the 40.

I think I'm about 15 years to late for being able to do what I want to it and not go broke.

I keep hoping if I hold out I'll run across a set in the Alabama area. I need to just save money and have it ready for whenever a set is available.

There was a great set about a month ago around Bham but it was earlier type. The owner sent me pics from craigslist. He had enough parts to build a complete cruiser.

Get the patches, the metal is thicker and best option in the long run. Just have someone that is a Profesional welder to do the job and expect to take longer than a day. Mine took 3 weeks to get back because the guy would weld small area and the let it cool so not to warp the panels.

Get the patches, the metal is thicker and best option in the long run. Just have someone that is a Profesional welder to do the job and expect to take longer than a day. Mine took 3 weeks to get back because the guy would weld small area and the let it cool so not to warp the panels.

Tah-DOW!
Welcome back from the dead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom