For sale or trade diesel 40 (sc) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

for sale is a 1976 FJ 40 converted to a 3b diesel. new paint about 1 year old actually. the motor has roughly 140,000 miles on it. bunch of new parts when conversion was completed. I am looking for a nice 80 series not a wheeler but a daily driver. preferably 94 and up .

if sold without a trade i am looking for $15,500. thanks for looking and more pics available upon request. pm please thanks
toyota 042.jpg
toyota 043.jpg
toyota 046.jpg

i forgot to mention 23 miles per gallon, rhinoed tub brand new ome lift and more.

boy, do I wish i'd have gotten a real job 2years ago....:crybaby:

I have a 1996 80 with 86k on it. Locked/ lifted a month ago/Full roof rack/new 285 michelins/ Arb bull bar/peal blue/rear slider drawers/ Trade across/ I can arrange shipping/ robert 970-390-5489

Last edited:
tried to call you but it went straight to voice mail. got any pics of it. interested.

Would you prehaps be interested in a 05 jeep rubicon with light mods as a trade.....just maybe....???

Does it have a 4 or 5 spd? Does it have a saginaw ps conversion? Everything (lights, signals, heat, wipers, etc...) work?

the h41 transmission with super low 1st. everything works. does not have power steering but i have the pully for the crankshaft and saginaw already on the truck i also have the pump but the truck turns very easy. i put an aftermarket heat system on it. and the has the air conditioning unit as well the buyer will get a compressor of an 8962 with it as well. ill take some pics of the unit.

I've got 2 80's first one is a 94 tan on tan with cloth interior, 206,000 miles. No lockers stock vehicle. The 2nd is a 93 with 236,000 miles white with grey leather. With factory lockers. Leather looks like new, body is in good shape with a few small rust spots begining to show, has all of the normal oil leaks and not sure if HG has been done. I bought this vehicle to modify and repair all of the normal leaks and to do the HG but i,have not had the time to get to it yet. The tan 80 is mechanically perfect and has no leaks, and i replaced the HG already along with a long list of other normal maintanence. The body is clean with only one rust spot above the rear wiper arm.
I'll post some pic's of both trucks if interested.

post some pics of the tan one. if you were serous i would still need some money if we traded. looking forward to see the pics

There you go Glenn.

i am in greenville . miles on the vehicle were around 193,000, on the gas motor. everything has new seals. the hard top, the middle of the hard top and all new hardware on all the doors, hinges spare tire carirer and all hood windshield hinges. the back doors i sand blasted, and all the hinges and first painted them with epoxy primer. your more than welcome to come and look at it, and drive. i glow it with a wilson switch. just put new glow plugs in it and in a 20 degree morning i glow it for about 15 seconds and it fires right up. i dont drive it everday but it is capable. spare tire is same color and has the hubcap as well. all five tires are the exact same. anything else you need to know just ask.

Here are a few pic's of the tan one. These were taken today with out any cleanig or prep for pic's. Post your e-mail and i'll send as many interior & ext pic's as needed. I'll also e-mail the long list of repairs done when i return to work tomorrow as, i cant't remember them all but i'll list what comes to mind.
HG repair block and head decked
6 new oe pistons
New rings
New rod and Main brgs
New plugs
ALL NEW engine seals obviously
Evaporator
Heater core
Expansion Valve
Rec Drier
Compressor
A/C idler pulley brg
Drive Belt idler pulley
Drive belts
Theres more just can't recall but i have an invoice at the shop
All the above mentioned parts were bought from Toyota, I do not do aftermarket parts.
2005_0129truck20005.jpg
2005_0129truck20006.jpg
2005_0129truck20010.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom