For Sale For Sale in U.S. Diesel Land Cruiser LHD 93 FZJ80 w/1HDT Professionally converted. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD!!!

I purchased this amazing rig in 2008 from Canada and imported it to the US. It's legally registered and titled as a diesel in WA state. It was a professional swap done by Sheldon Walsh(G&S Cruiserparts) and it was his personal vehicle for a couple of years. I've put only 12k( 267k when purchased. 278,106 as of today) on it since I bought it, so I think it's time I pass it on to someone who can utilize it to it's full potential.

Sadly I am not an expert mechanic, but I will try to answer any questions best I can. Work done to it since I've had it: new radiator, fuel lines, fuel filter, air filter, valve cover gasket, rotors and pads(1k ago), new batteries(12mo ago). The body is still in great shape, I've added a scape on the front left fender, and the clear coat is pealing on the rt fender, no rust, garaged 90% of the time I've had it. It was worked on by a local cruiser expert, Torfab, and he gives it the thumbs up "We looked at this cruiser about a year ago, and it's in greae. For those in the know, this is a conversion done by Sheldon at G&S Cruisers in BC. His attention to detail is top notch, and this conversion is very well done."

Here is the original description that was posted in '08 and like I said little has changed:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
93 FZJ80, Dark Green ,No lockers. Clean Carfax, no wrecks on record. Seattle/Tacoma truck so no rust whatsoever, and not baked out like Southern US 80s either.
267k Miles on the ODO FWIW the only drivetrain wear items that is still original is the diffs.
Clean grey cloth interior, Not kid worn, put in new Toyota floor mats when I got it 2 years ago.

Paint is in decent shape overall, usuall wear and tear from 15 years of use.
2 small dents on driver fender where my roof rack tipped against it.
Some clear coat starting to flake on one of the flares
leather steering wheel(Genuine Toyota)
3rd row seats
AC R134 and blows cold.
JDM 80 series aluminum running boards.
JDM passenger side grab handle
Center Diff lock button installed, Pin 7 mod done
ARB Bull Bar(winch type)
PIAA Headlamps
Safari Snorkel
OME Medium lift (2.5") 850/860 coils, OME Nitrocharger shocks, OME steering stabalizer
New 285 75 16 BFG All terrain KOs, load range E (maybe 5k miles on em.)
Wholesale Automatics "Extreme Valve body" in the A442F tranny. Quicker tighter shifts, less slipage ($1200 not including instal cost)
Walbro 6065 Fuel lift pump. Low PSI fuel pusher eliminates injection pump starvation and cavitaton
Isspro colored face Pyro (pre Turbo) and Isspro Boost gauge
Factory Dual battery trays w/ 2 Interstates (works with 1 battery if required)
Battery cables built with new#2 welding cable and marine brass terminal clamps.
Factory hand throttle assy
All correct HDJ80 decals on Rear quarter, emblem on grille, diesel decal on gas door.CD player, single DIN with factory pocket
Alpine 6.5" in front doors
Alpine 4" in rear doors
Class 5 hitch

1HD-T.. Engine had 140k km when it went in, has about 180k km on it now.
Engine was fully serviced, Valves reshimed to spec, compression all in 510-515 psi range, Nice and even with good oil pressure.
Turbo was rebuilt by ADP
Exhaust manifold and turbo dump ceramic coated
JDM ECT type A442F with HF2A transfer case, correct for the 93 model,
New from Japan 1HD-T ECT computer ($600)
New LHD HDJ80 Engine harness
BEB bearings replaced with ACL Copper/Lead type
Injectors serviced by Fred Holmes Fuel injection
New OEM Water pump, timing belt, Rear main seal
New 12v starter
New OEM fan clutch and fan assy
New OEM belts and Rad hoses
New rubber engine mounts
New OEM AC hoses
TONS of other new parts went into the swap, I won't list em all, total misc put into the swap NOT including the engine/tranny/case was $7500
Amsoil in everything but the crankcase Delo 400 15-40 every 3k miles
Washer reservoir relocated using proper JDM HDJ81 extra capacity reservoir on left fender.

As far as fuel economy goes it depends how you drive it. Pure Hwy @ 60mph on my last road trip, loaded with trailer, gear roof top tent etc I was getting around 400miles on 20gal.
My best was in stock trim. 507 miles on 21gal. The lift, bulbar , tires etc have all cost fuel ecomomy but the way I look at if is that I am still a good 30% ahead of any gas powered 80 in the same trim.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll post more pics later.

Asking $23,500.

New Price: $22 K.

On Hold, deposit taken. Pending test drive 1/30.

P1240915.jpg
P1240919.jpg
P1240924.jpg
P1240920.jpg
P1240913.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Sweet! Currently contemplating a variety of wagons, PM sent.

Really?!!! You seemed more than happy with your gasser in my pre-sale thread.
Thanks, but no.

Bump for a sick rig, would buy had I not gotten obsessed with building a racing simulator after I sold my daily driver.

BUMP!

Bump for a clean 80 with a perfect conversion using only Toyota Factory parts. Very nice truck.

GLWS dude.

Mine is a 1hz with 5 speed. I love it.
Yours is even better with the 1hdt.
They are so fun to drive. Street legal tanks.
GLWS
Bump to the top!!!

Thank you all for the bumps! Still waiting for serious offer but I'm sure it will come…if not, there's worse things in the world than being stuck with a sweet diesel cruiser.

Call me or email me, jake2far@hotmail.com

503-777-3708

Sheldon is a friend, I was around when he did this conversion. I live in Portland, I would like to discuss the purchase of your vehicle.

Jim

Would like to see this go in the next few months because I'm moving to Hawaii. So it's either going over on a boat or into storage in Seattle if I don't get a reasonable offer soon. Please no lowballers. It runs strong and true.

Also consider trade for comparably valued well cared for Tacoma CrewCab/4runner, or Nissan Frontier CC/xterra.

Last edited:
I went to go see this rig today and can tell everyone that the post does not misrepresent anything. It's in fabulous shape and you can really see that a lot of care (and $) went into the conversion.

GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom