For Sale @ High Desert Cruisers (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need that steering box if anybody is down there before I can get there. :grinpimp:

Snagged the birfs, 1 drive flange, and the only decent rear LCA this morning. This truck is in really bad shape due to fire. Sorry Shawn, I didn't see your request for the steering box. It might be OK. The left front corner is the only part of the vehicle that isn't severely burned. I wanted the coil & igniter & fuel pump but I wouldn't trust those even if I could have pulled them.

hmm i didn't see you post shawn. but i still have the gearbox in my garage :grinpimp:. i wanted a swap in so i could send mine out to be rebuilt, so i don't have long term plans for it. just need to get off my ass and send in to WTOR. you are welcome to it once i get mine back. did you need one soon? btw, the one there should be ok i'd guess. the hoses were still soft so i don't think the fire nuked it and it clearly had never leaked...

i also grabbed the inner front axles so politely set on the driver "seat" (by beo i assume) for ali. grabbed the front brake calipers and the charcoal canister bracket, and the remaining front drive flange.

she is a crispy critter and that one locking lugnut was a PITA to get the caliper off the knuckle... a wheel stud may have been harmed prior to this post :bang: i sacrificed two socket extensions to the god of the boneyard and it relented me the caliper and the drive flange.

just finished swapping over the calipers. they were good looking oem and clean fluid squeezed out by hand. i'm convinced mine were dragging and the initial butt dyno says it was a good move...

thanks again for the help Steve L!

Free to good home....

1999 4Runner rear bumper and chrome sided running boards. Bumper has one little dent and one running board has a little scrape, the other is perfect. Come and get them. PM me or call at nineeighty - zero 3 zero 3

oh wait. I need to check the compatability to the 60 frame. though the hoses I have will bolt right up. I am intersted Sl33p3. no hurry. still have to get some research done.

I now declare that poor 80 has been totally and utterly violated. May it RIP.

What were you able to pick from the carcass?

I want the fuel pump but need to bring some HD bolt cutters to get through what is left of the seats.

Big Bulky Crap consolidation:

62 Front and rear axles, 4.10 complete minus hubs, make offer

62 Split case, make offer

Triple bay Snap On box, KRL7003. I'm looking to downsize since I don't wrench professionally any more. This is a bad mother with a stainless steel work surface and hutch. I'm embarrased to say how much I paid, will make a smokin deal if someone is interested locally.

Put this fridge in the back of your 80. Or on your porch and fill it with beer. 5' tall, 28" wide, 24" deep. Clean and working good. 2000 build date on tag. $40 picked up in Placitas. PM for phone #

ForumRunner_20130609_180509.jpg

ForumRunner_20130609_180739.jpg

ForumRunner_20130609_180509.jpg

ForumRunner_20130609_180739.jpg

80 stuff

Two things I did not post from my 80 loss.

I have a Toyota FSM for a '97 Landcruiser. Very good condition. How does 70 bucks sound?

I also have a custom cover for the Cruiser from Autoanything sound. It fitted my 80 really nice with my front ARB bumper (Ask Ash, I don't have the pics anymore). It is the block-it fabric (you can look it up what it costs). It is a little dirty on the inside since I did not wash my 4x4 truck too much (I heard we should only do that once or twice a year). But it is washable. Not used very much, so how about 120?

These prices are for HDC members so i don't have to ship.

Rudy

Two things I did not post from my 80 loss.

I have a Toyota FSM for a '97 Landcruiser. Very good condition. How does 70 bucks sound?

I also have a custom cover for the Cruiser from Autoanything sound. It fitted my 80 really nice with my front ARB bumper (Ask Ash, I don't have the pics anymore). It is the block-it fabric (you can look it up what it costs). It is a little dirty on the inside since I did not wash my 4x4 truck too much (I heard we should only do that once or twice a year). But it is washable. Not used very much, so how about 120?

These prices are for HDC members so i don't have to ship.

Rudy

Twenty off both of the above.

I also have the 4xI sliders too. I paid around 800 bucks shipped to my home. Asking 300 for them.

Rudy

I also have the 4xI sliders too. I paid around 800 bucks shipped to my home. Asking 300 for them.

Rudy

Hey Rudy, I'd be intersted in those sliders if you still have them. I'll PM you with my info.

Thanks,

"The Snake"

Rudy

The sliders and cover are gone. I only have the FSM,

FS: 1973 FJ40 with 2F, 4spd, PS

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Selling my FJ40 on Craigslist.
http://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/4000138742.html

For Sale Early 1973 FJ40 with early 1979 Engine/Tranny swap.

Price: $9,600 (US)
Odometer: 82717.9
Location: Durango, Colorado since December 2012. Spent most of its time in New Mexico.
Phone: 9 seven zero - five 7 zero - nine five three 5.
Reason for selling: Bought an FZJ80

This is a 9/72 (early 1973) FJ40 with a 1/79 (early 1979) 2F engine, 4spd Tranny, and Power Steering.
Original paint except where I added an aux fuel door, changed location for the shifter hole for the 4spd, and filled misc. antenna holes.
All glass is original. A few stars in windshield but not in line of sight. No cracked glass.
I built this for a mild wheeling rig and semi-daily driver. All mods where for driveability and human comfort.
Have all receipts for items purchased. Used OEM parts as available. Did work myself or with help from the local Land Cruiser community.
Driveability is excellent. I would have no problem driving across country.

Slideshow of more photos located at: http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/source3comp/slideshow/FJ40 For Sale
Build thread is located at: https://forum.ih8mud.com/nm-high-desert-cruisers/319684-ol-jenny-build-thread.html

Mods:
* Engine/Tranny swap (F engine to 2F engine) with power steering.
* Tranny/Transfer Case Savers (parts from Valley Hyrids)
* 2.5" Old Man Emu (OME) Heavy Duty Lift (shocks and springs). (Cruiser Outfitters)
* New OEM gas tank and sender.
* Auxillary Gas Tank (Northwest Metal Products; 22.5 US Gallons) with Pollak fuel selector valve (switches tanks and fuel sender; stock fuel gauge shows accurate reading for selected tank)
* 33x9.5" BFG AT KO's
* Brake booster from a 82 supra and brake master cylinder from an 80-series (new-refurbished)
* Centech AP-2 auxillary fuse panel
* Roundeyes (RCH100-2) 7" Conversion Headlights with ARB wiring loom
* Removed rear jumper seats and custom built shelving (have original jumper seats).
* Partially de-smogged by previous owner (still needs to be finished up)
* Rebuilt carburetor by Mark's Offroad. Carb has the high altitude jets.
* Ported vacuum F carb for 2F vacuum advanced distributor. Work done by Mark's Offroad.
* Replaced distributor. Original 2F dizzy had leaking diaphram. Purchased from Mark's Offroad.
* Four wheel disk brakes. Front - 1976 FJ40. Rear - Monte Carlo with caliper bracket from LCR 4 Wheel Drive
* Replaced brake lines with custom fitted stainless steel.
* Warn 8274 Winch.
* 4Plus Deluxe 48-inch winch bumber
* Diehard Platinum P31 Battery (Purchase Date: 05/22/2010)
* Replaced door weatherstrip with OEM (driver, passenger, rear hatch)
* Replaced all drive belts and seals during engine/tranny swap.
* Scat Rally Recliner Seats (#80-1000-51L(R)) with Scat brakets (Driver and Passenger)
* Replaced body mounts with Energy Suspension kit from Cruiser Outfitters
* Replaced U-Joints, Balanced Driveline (Cut and trim driveline for 3spd to 4spd tranny swap)
* Wheel Alignment by Chets (Albuquerque, NM)
* New exhaust after engine swap
* New radiator and thermostat during engine swap
* New keys cut from VIN Number. Keyed aux fuel door to match existing locks
* Front floor insultated floor mats and cargo mat (CoolCruisers)
* Kill switch. Used a DPDT switch to kill engine with or without blinking LED
* Replaced dashpad with Dashman's Dashbox.
* Replaced tie rod ends (777 ends from Cruiser Outfitters)
* Replaced steering pivot assembly with OEM parts
* Replaced left and right defrost hoses (Spector Offroad)
* Modified the tranny for 2Lo gearing (see build thread for details).
* Replaced driver and passenger window felt
* Replaced tail light lenses.

Last edited:
So your wife rode in the 80 and said "I'm never riding in that old thing again"?

Very funny and almost true. Decided to buy an 80 and sell the 40 after going up Missionary Ridge and coming back wiped out. This is when I called Ali. Then after riding in the 80 she (and me) agreed it is the way to travel :steer:.

So your wife rode in the 80 and said "I'm never riding in that old thing again"?

Very funny and almost true. Decided to buy an 80 and sell the 40 after going up Missionary Ridge and coming back wiped out. This is when I called Ali. Then after riding in the 80 she (and me) agreed it is the way to travel :steer:.

Wait to you ride in a 100 series. Go see John up in Salida and I can guarantee you that after you ride in his, your wife is going to think the 80 is cheap and chintzy.

:lol:

I think you should buy it, keep the troopy, and change your mud name to 3manycruisers. Wife is headed down to ABQ this Friday, I can come along and deliver it to Santa Fe :hmm:

Andrew, that's a sweet rig. If my troopy sells at the Rising Sun swap meet on the 24th, I may have to see if you still have it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom