For Sale @ High Desert Cruisers (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1985 Four Runner

As Jon well tell ya, 1985 is the best year.
Last year for solid front axle.
First year for EFI.

$1500

Salida

As Jon well tell ya, 1985 is the best year.
Last year for solid front axle.
First year for EFI.

$1500

Salida

errr, how bout like a phone number or sumthin

Like you are really interested.

Hey, I should have some money for a change now. That rock rig kit set on the mini frame looks like a fun build.

Received this via email for posting on the website.

For sale:

1987 FJ 60 for parts. Approx 178,000 Blown Head Gasket between #5 & #6 cylinders. Very little interior, exterior has damage to most body parts. Good tires and rims. Drive train (except engine) in good shape. $800.00 takes it all.

Please contact David (in Albuquerque) @ (505) 280-3020.

Bad body, no interior or motor. There's not much left for $800.

For a buggy I'd go for the 4Runner platform. Our 40 does pretty good, but it doesn't hold a candle to our old '85 4Runner...

That poor 4Runner :crybaby:

TOWBAR For SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got this a while ago never used it- it is a towbar and mounts-
Was going to tow the FJ40 with it but never set it up-
Has std. ball mount, folds up- like you see mom & pop towing behind their RV's.
$75. if interested-

PM me if interested.

'77 fj40 in Nambe (north of Santa Fe). I saw it in SF today. It is dark green and looks pretty good. It has a little rust under the driver's door. No visible rust in the rear channel?? I didn't see any looking at it from inside one of the rear wheel wells, either. No jump seats. Dash was clean, don't remember about the seats. Called the owner, it has 160k, header, dual exhaust, "new rear suspension" (shackles, I think), desmogged, otherwise stock. He said there is a little rust on the floor, but nothing rusted through. White spokes with fairly new tires. Missing spare tire carrier, seat belts, needs driver side window regulator and something on interior door latch. He's asking $6500. 231-8166

Make sure they know the difference between the center diff lock and the axle locks.

Agreed.

There are many reports where someone asked a seller if the truck was "locked" or "does it have lockers." Not wanting to sound stupid, they will usually reply yes. It is silly to ask most people this question as they really have no idea what you are looking for and, if you think about it, that is an unclear question.

We have had reports that people where responding to the Alarm Key fob as "lockers." (They lock the doors... correct.) Others responded that the door locks are "lockers." Those with the CDL switch as standard equipment (91-92) often refer to that as "lockers."

Unless it is a savvy seller, you need to:
1. Get the axle code from the white sticker inside the driver door. 294=Diff Lock Option, 292=No diff-lock option
2. Be sure the rotary diff-lock switch is in the dash.
3. Make sure the electronic diff lock mechanisms are on the axles.
4. Test before you plop down your money.

Several have reported the switch but no diff-lock option. Several have reported the Axle code, the switch, but no diff lock mechanisms (some PO did an axle swap.) And at least 1 guy had everything... axle code, rotary dash switch, diff lock mechanisms... but it wouldn't lock because some PO had the axle harnesses removed to the locking mechanisms. Non-US vehicles will have the 294 axle code but may or may not be locked.

Caveat Emptor.

-Mike-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom