For Sale Feeler: 1980 FJ40 - Super Clean (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I was keeping this one forever, but I've got a modified 40 for the trail, and I want to build up or trade for an expedition ready FZJ for Baja trips. This one just sits and and goes to the supermarket. I've had this truck about 10 years and put less than 15K on her... I know... shameful! I believe it was originally a Texas truck

Its an early 1980 FJ40 with 119K original miles, pretty much all stock with 2" springs, 32" BFG and added Toyota stock power steering. Previous owner had it restored by CCOT in the early '98. It's seen some light use since then, has a few small scratches and chips in the paint, but is clean, clean, clean. Starts on the 1st turn every time. Drives like new. Replaced in the last 5K: water pump, oil presure sender, clutch master and slave, break master and all belts. Recent tune-up, and all fluids changed regularly. Ready for front axle seals and rubber tie rod end grease retainers. No rust. Always passes CA smog.

For the sake of listing a price lets say $15,000 - but I'm open to offers or trades. WTB: '93-'94 built FZJ80 or possibly a built 60 or 62.

Thanks for looking! Let me know what I forgot...
DSCN1592.jpg
DSCN1594.jpg
DSCN1595.jpg

Last edited:
97 80

Interested in a 97 80 with 93k miles? 2.5" OME HD, ARB, no lockers. Clean, clean, clean.

I'm in Berkeley...
DSCN1782.jpg

FJ40

I wasn't planning on low balling. But it doesn't hurt to offer a little lower. You can always offer more, pretty hard to offer less.

Anyway, thanks for the pics. I have to check on shipping to see how much it will run. thank you

Thanks all! I'm getting a LOT of interest and have like 40 PMs so please be patient with me.

I am pretty firm at $15K. I think it is priced pretty fair.

I have had several offers to trade for 80's and am considering a few. If you are serious please send pictures to sean@alanbaker.com or post them in this thead.

For an equal trade, I would expect a pretty special truck. ie: Clean, locked, fully built, under 150K miles. For a trade plus cash offer I am looking for a locked low milage truck that is partially built.

Hope everybody is having a great holiday weekend!

Sean

Last edited:
Trade???

Would you want to trade for a 1971 AMC Javelin? Fully restored, 360 V8, 200r4 GM auto trans, silver with black interior. Beautiful, drive anywhere car!

Jake (908)-625-5502

SOLD!

For full asking price to the 1st person to come see it. Maybe I should have asked for more $$$. :)

Thanks for all the interest.

Starting to feel all empty inside... :(

You and me both! I planned to call the bank in the a.m. to move a few things around, and then call you in the morning to close the deal. Well, I'm not surprised it went that fast as it is an awesome Cruiser at a very fair price. If something happens and it falls through please let me know.

Well this is a nice cruiser. Why dont you post more pics and make this a Cruiser of the week post instead. Maybe I could see it on Thursday when I come down to pick up the Rack.

Why don't you wash that thing already? :)

Bump for a nearly perfect example of what an FJ40 can be. That thing is almost too nice to wheel. Almost...

Wish I had the extra coin, but I've gotta hold out for an 80 that I can haul the family with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom