For Sale Feeler: 1980 FJ40 - Super Clean (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I was keeping this one forever, but I've got a modified 40 for the trail, and I want to build up or trade for an expedition ready FZJ for Baja trips. This one just sits and and goes to the supermarket. I've had this truck about 10 years and put less than 15K on her... I know... shameful! I believe it was originally a Texas truck

Its an early 1980 FJ40 with 119K original miles, pretty much all stock with 2" springs, 32" BFG and added Toyota stock power steering. Previous owner had it restored by CCOT in the early '98. It's seen some light use since then, has a few small scratches and chips in the paint, but is clean, clean, clean. Starts on the 1st turn every time. Drives like new. Replaced in the last 5K: water pump, oil presure sender, clutch master and slave, break master and all belts. Recent tune-up, and all fluids changed regularly. Ready for front axle seals and rubber tie rod end grease retainers. No rust. Always passes CA smog.

For the sake of listing a price lets say $15,000 - but I'm open to offers or trades. WTB: '93-'94 built FZJ80 or possibly a built 60 or 62.

Thanks for looking! Let me know what I forgot...
DSCN1592.jpg
DSCN1594.jpg
DSCN1595.jpg

Last edited:
I have a mint 93 FJ80 with only 127,000 mi. Let me know If you want to work something out. It has the factory front & rear lockers.

Bump for a nice looking 40. This is a smoking deal. If I did not have 2 in the garage I would jump all over it. X2 on putting it on eBay. I betcha you could exceed $15K easy.

Longshot... but any interest in a trade for an '05 volvo with 34k on it?

Volvo0.jpg

I have a mint 93 FJ80 with only 127,000 mi. Let me know If you want to work something out. It has the factory front & rear lockers.

Might be interested depending on price, color and location. Any pics?

Cant believe I sold my 80 only 8 months ago... Doh! My priorities change too quick.

worth every bit of 15k...

good luck, thats a great lookin rig

Interested in a Toyota buggy on 40" creepy crawlers. Dana 60 front e-locked rear. 22re dual cases. Front dig. SDS fuel management?

Incredible. Hope a great cruiser head gets this. Landpimp, or Cruiserdan would be good candidates. So can we see some pics of your trail rig?

Trade: 2005 4Runner Limited 4x4

V8 4.7 Litter
Automatic
4WD

Standard

Air ConditioningAM/FM StereoDual Power Seats Power SteeringCassetteRoof Rack Power WindowsDual Front Air BagsPrivacy Glass Power Door LocksABS (4-Wheel)Running Boards Tilt WheelTraction ControlAlloy Wheels Cruise ControlLeather

Optional

Rear AirSun RoofMP3 (Multi CD) Premium SoundTowing Pkg

I'm interested and in the bay area, please send me direct contact info (mike@wtrman.com)

Thanks

I'm interested and in the bay area, please send direct contact info (mike@wtrman.com)

Dont want to dampen anybody's excitement, but she failed a CA smog check today for the first time. I think I jinxed it. Passed everything engine related with flying colors, but failed the gas tank pressure leak-down test. I'll check for bad hoses, clamps etc. this weekend.

So here are pictures of things that keep it from being one of those $25K ebay trucks. Sure was nice to drive it today.. might be hard to let it go!
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg

Last edited:
This is a seem where new metal was welded in drring the resto, unfortunately they screwed up and didn't weld it all the way down, at least not very well. It seperated the first year I had the truck, but has not gotten ant worse.

The rain gutter is also showing signs of rust and will need to be addressed in the next few years.
IMG_0134.jpg

I have a 96 80 with 85k/ lockers/OME lift/ arb bull bar/ clean/ just started to build the truck. I will do an equal trade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom