For Sale For Sale: Dallas: Blue 2006 GX470 - Great shape - see minor mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rare dark metallic blue GX.

Posting here before craigslist or ebay because you gentlemen / ladies may appreciate a GX in good shape. It's got 200k on the ODO, but I've put the last 120k on it myself as a highway daily driver (52 mile daily commute on Interstate 30). I did the timing belt when I bought it, at about 80k, and then again at 160k. I also put new OEM suspension on all 4 corners (including new air bags) at 160k. So essentially it's ready for another 200k. I treated it like I planned to put 400k on it myself, but decided the sunroof was getting in the way of my head when I had the seat as high as I wanted, and found a non-sunroof tahoe. I will miss how tight this thing drives.

Texas truck, at least the last 10 years. Has scuffs and nicks from the wife in the garage, a couple of tiny stars in the windshield that haven't been growing, and some weird texturing on the fiberglass on the front bumper. Great shape inside, and have had weathertechs on it since I've had it. Has oem roof rack. Rear seat DVD works. Floor liner in cargo.

Had dash replaced (for free-- thanks Toyota service bulletin) at around 180k, so it's got a new-looking dash.

The only other thing to note is that I had the mod done to enable viewing DVD on the front Nav screen, and also use the phone features while in motion. (like adding a phone. Never used the Nav). This resets back to stock functionality when restarting, and just toggles back with a push of a button (see pic) on the dash. Recommend only watching Dora from the passenger side while in motion.

Title in hand. Asking $10k.

PS See additional MOD described below. All the exterior, suspension, etc is stock, so I'm a little self-conscious among you folks calling the electronics a mod...

Last edited:
More pics. PS Comes with additional new weathertech driver-side floor liner. (so you'll have a used one and a new one). All the seats are installed now (you'll see in the pic I experimented with removing the 40% of the middle to facilitate the kids hopping in the back).

20190209_105452.jpg

20190209_112357.jpg

20190209_113953.jpg

20190210_132615.jpg

20190210_132658.jpg

One other mod: I had the shop give me 12v power and an aux input (recognized as a "DVD Changer" source), coming out of the driver's side of the center console. This let me set up a powered bluetooth audio adaptor (music), and select it to play through the stock system by toggling through the stock source buttons (DVD, CD, "DVD Changer").

You can see the wire coming out of the console in one of the pics (see arrow).

I'll throw in the bluetooth set up (including the in-line engine-noise cancelling doodad) at my asking price.

Lowering to $8,500. Would like to sell this weekend. Excellent mechanical shape, and cosmetic is pretty darn good.

Rockwall, but work downtown (vehicle is there now), so could meet either place today. Trying to sell this thing today. Cell 917 805 6323

Listed on ebay, ending Thursday. No reserve.

Thanks-- the buyer recently checked in with me for some maintenance records, and he's put 15,000 miles on it already and sounds pretty happy. I miss how tight it drove for a 3-row SUV, but I'm happy with my '13 9-passenger Tahoe that's the replacement DD. With the front seat raise kit, I can sit higher and still have more headroom than I had with the GX, which was the reason for the sale. If they ever offer a GX sans sunroof, I might go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom