For Sale For Sale 1994 FZJ80 Locked Augusta GA $6800 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Sale 1994 FZJ80 Locked Augusta GA $6000

Update! Bottom line up front price is $6000.
I will be relocating due to the military in a few months and I'd rather not ship a vehicle. I apologize in advance for copying and pasting my craigslist ad. Please feel free to field me with any questions. Thanks! Please note, I did not do the 7-pin mod (afraid to touch anything to do with wiring! LOL)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
Features
-1FZ-FE 4.5 Liter DOHC, rated at 212 horsepower and 275lbs of torque
-Full-time four wheel drive
-A442F automatic transmission with overdrive
-Two speed transfer case (4LO, 4HI)
-Solid front axles, coil springs
-Locking electric front and rear differentials
-OEM center differential lock option (allows the center differential to be locked in 4 HI)
-Full-floating rear axles (rated at 1 ton)
-4 wheel disc brakes (vented on all four)
-4 wheel ABS
-Sunroof, power seats, leather interior, seats and seat belts for EIGHT passengers
-New 305/70/16 (33”) three-ply E-rated Hankook Dynapro ATM tires with the same size spare
-Roof Rack

Recent Maintenance
-New 3-row all metal radiator (preventative, since the original one lasted 16 years!)
-New Toyota red coolant
-New drive belts (preventative)
-Front axle service from the Toyota dealership (recommended every 60k, also preventative)
-Transmission flushed via BG Tranny Flush with 16 quarts of BG synthetic ATF (not a forced flush but via transmission's own power)
-Front/rear differentials and the transfer case has fresh Royal Purple 75w90 gear oil
-Fresh engine oil with Royal Purple synthetic with Royal Purple filter
-New paint with Kirker’s Hot Rod Black (everything was stripped, then painted [see pictures!]) due to oxidations on the hood/roof
-New air filter

Maintenance by Previous Owner
-Valve cover gasket replaced
-Oil pan gasket replaced
-Heater hose (aka Pesky Heater Hose) replaced
-Full tune-up (cap, plugs, wires, new OEM disks and pads on all four, window regulators)
-Have receipts on all services done going back to the second owner (marked at 140k miles)

Things that do not make this vehicle perfect
-dent in rear right quarter panel (see pics, somewhat noticeable in certain angles. Decided not to repair but just paint over [didn't want any bondo])
-rear row floor mat missing (good carpet though)
-steering column cover is seperated (currently held together by black electrical tape but I do have a good, clean replacement)
-cd player does not work
-driver and passenger seats are torn
-antenna does go down and up but not all the waydown
-the paint is very good but not perfect
-two of the wheels’ clear coat is peeling
-uses about a quart of oil every 1500 miles (well within Toyota’s specs)
-PS pump has a small leak but does not leak once it reaches the low level
-drips one drop of oil maybe every other day

Seller’s note: Out of 8000 or so Land Cruisers sold in the US, less than 10% came with the desirable factory electric front and rear locking differentials. Brand new (back in 1994) this vehicle was priced well over $40k. This vehicle is one of only three vehicles that had the front/rear locking differential options sold in the US (Mercedes G500 and the Jeep Rubicon being the other two). Its solid front axles makes it an ideal rock crawler. It’s interior space and seating capacity also makes it an ideal expedition type rig. It starts EVERYTIME and I have not had a single mechanical issue. Engine idles steadily at 600RPM. The car runs extremely smooth and it sounds like it has 60k miles on it. The transmission shifts crisp and is very smooth. AC is ICE cold. I would not hesitate to drive this vehicle cross country. This engine is a beast. It takes 8 quarts of oil and everything about it is heavy duty. The crankshaft alone weighs in at 81.5 lbs. The A442F transmission is also known as the “bus tranny”, where it is used on the Toyota Coaster bus in Japan (takes over 16 quarters of transmission fluid). The vehicle comes with a heavy duty transmission and power steering cooler. This vehicle was designed to operate in rigorous environments (in the 100 degree desert heat, loaded with all eight passengers with the AC blowing full speed). Just ask any Saudi, especially the ones that live in the mountainous regions. They always opt for the 80-series Land Cruiser (1993-97) over the newer ones. The vehicle has over 236k miles but with proper maintenance, it will last much, much longer. This is my daily driver and I use to commute to work everyday.

Final note: I’m asking $6000 for my Land Cruiser (fairly firm). I am not desperate to sell nor am I rushed to part with this awesome machine. I have three vehicles and I am about to move due to the military and it would be nice to not ship a vehicle. However, if I don’t receive any reasonable offers, I will simply pay to get the vehicle shipped to my next duty station. Thanks for your interest!

For pictures, please click this link
1994 Land Cruiser For Sale - Windows Live

0903001513.jpg
0903001504b.jpg
0903001500a.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Cruiser. I'm in NC and will give you $5k for it without looking if you decide you want to let it go and not ship it to AZ. Not trying to lowball, just wanting to let you know you have an offer out there.

I appreciate the offer and will definitely consider it before making the call to the auto transporters.

I've been running 20w-50 Royal Purple but going to switch to Mobil1 5w-40 Turbo Diesel this week. A couple of appointments made so we'll see what happens. Monday morning bump!

Made arrangements to ship the vehicle and put the deposit to the shippers. The vehicle is no longer for sale. Thank you to all those who replied. I am very happy with this decision and will enjoy this vehicle in Sierra Vista, AZ.

I had a painter use Kirker's Flat Black paint. It's UV protected and does not require a clearcoat. More info can be found at kirkerautomotive.com.

Just an update, I took the cruiser into the dealer for maintenance. Had the oil changed to Castrol Syntec 5W-50. Brakes were at 40%. Put in new Toyota battery. Rotated the tires. Propeller shaft greased. Had them unclog the sunroof drain. She's being shipped sometime after the 9th of this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom