For Sale For Sale 1978 FJ40 disassembled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted my FJ40 for sale here, in the classifieds section, and it was deleted by the site's admin w/o warning because in his words, "this is not eBay". Can someone explain to me what part of my post was not consistent with the definition of "classifieds" and "for sale" tag? I am dumbfounded. And for the record, the post gave my personal email for communicating with me privately. It was not asking IH8Mud to host a bidding auction or anything like it...

"It will go to highest bidder " pretty sure it was this statement

Maybe put a price tag on it all and also add the statement obo I'm not sure

IH8MUD for sale ads require an asking price in the body of the post.

I thought the same thing but was promptly informed that a price is not required (someone else took the time to read through the ROEs) and that it was more about forum etiquette . Dunno. I think that if one has something they are wanting to sell, why not include an asking price?

For Sale, complete, disassembled in 2007-2008, 1978 FJ40, 2F engine (running at time of disassembly), 4-spd tranny, 4.xx gears, hardtop + Eshan soft top frame (I have the Eshan cloth as well but its discolored and may have some rot. Perfect for a template for new canvas) stored in Public Storage for some years. Tub needs new floors and some other minor metal work today.

Asking $8,000 OBO for everything. Buyer must bring a flat bed or other big truck and help for heavy lifting to cart off everything. There is at least $16,000 plus in value if used to resell parts, or over $30k if nicely restored. I have a set of original rims and a new (2007) dashpad from TC. View photos from 2007 here:
My LC - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnuerPpuVz7Gj3Spv7O1UygrEcCK?e=K9Y7pC
Tub floor is in much worse shape after years in storage. Some parts were primed and painted before storage

Contact me by private mail to febrymd@imc-llc.com if interested.

Wow they straight up censor stuff they don’t like around here! 🤡

4B3BD970-9165-4AA5-967E-C7FE63A200F9.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom