For Sale For Sale 1970 fj40 clean montana 6500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have moved and no longer have the room for my fj. Ive got alot of time and money into it but it is not perfect. If you are seriously interested I will discuss at lenght with you. But I would like to deal locally. (billings mt). here is a short list, I know im missing some
chevy 350, 700r4 auto overdrive, power steering, and brakes(disk up front), tilit, buket seats, 5 nearly new pro comp xmt, new 4" lift, greasable, poly bushings, mp3, amp, waterproof speakers, half door. At 6500 the off road lights and roof basket are not included. PS the paint job sucks. I would like more and think its worth more, but im having trouble with interest.
WP_000032.jpg
WP_000033.jpg

More pictures and mileage details if you have any. GLWS

I will go take pics tomorrow of engine, inside, and more body pics. If you want a specific pic of something let me know and I will try to include it.

last ones

truck runs very well. always starts. milage is un known (no speedo on truck) as an honest mud member I will tell you it has around 15000 miles and the motor is around 13 years old. the motor sat for ten years with 10k miles due to a totaled truck, then i stuck it in the cruiser. stock transfer case, has small leak (I think its out of one of the breathers?) curently lost the hi low shift extender. have make shift one on it now. rust below lift gate, and one other small buble. all other rust has been fixed (not replaced with other metal) runs alittle warm but doesnt overheat, needs v8 radiator. not a trailer queen but just an awsome truck that gets tones of compliments. thans for looking. you will not find a nicer one for this price.
WP_000071.jpg
WP_000073.jpg

no extra parts, was going to put a real back seat(sitting on jump seats is not as fun as it looks) and a tire carrier that would fit a full size spare but the life plans have changed. Tire size is 33x12.50x15

Gotcha. Do you have a shot of the power steering conversion? Whose springs did you use for the lift? Is the cruiser in Billings still? Or Helena? I need to know if I need to go fish the Missouri or the Bighorn to have an excuse to look at your cruiser.

more pics

steering is saginaw,
leafs are rough country. poly bushings, shackels, greasable pins are all MAF.
This suspention has maybe 500 miles on them (most were from my drive from helena to billings) the front springs are nice and sit properly, the rears are stiff as :censor: and the shackle angle is off. I called rough country and they assured me that they would break in and the angle would be right. truck is currently in billings, I work for the railroad and I am on call and never have an idea when i am working so if you come to see it on the weekend we will have to try to work something out. If you are serious just call. you can get my number of my billings craigslist add. serch fj40
WP_000074.jpg
WP_000075.jpg
WP_000076.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I recently saw a "less than clean" power steering conversion and I am a little nervous. Yours looks like it was done right from that pic. And that rear shackle angle is exactly why I asked about the springs.

I am fairly serious, but I would rather have a stick shift. Just personal preference. But my wife likes the idea of an automatic and the auto would be nice in the rocks. I am checking on another one a little closer to me but the body isn't nearly as nice.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. GLWS

the steering is very tight, all conversions are done right with the exception of the piece I lost off the transfercase (havn't been able to track down a new one) I hear you on the stick shift thing, it is nice at times and also a pain. personal prefrence. the 700r4 is cool because of the super low first gear and overdrive, let me know when you want a test drive.

Looks like a pretty clean truck. Too bad my wife said no more than 4500$ for anything from the 70s. I was trying to convince her to let me get a mid70s Mercedes 220d in almost perfect condition. She said nope. Oh well!

Good luck on the sale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom