For rubber boots, does it matter if it's not OEM? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about replacing my 2014 Lexus LX 5470 slide pin rubber boots. Does it matter much if it's OEM or after market?

Have you priced Genuine Toyota from one of the discount sites? Lots of stuff is surprisingly cheap.. front brake rotors under $60 each for instance.

Realistically it probably doesn’t matter for brake slide pin sleeves, but I’ve found that often for just a little more (or even sometimes less) than aftermarket prices I can get the guaranteed quality of real Toyota parts.

OEM Toyota parts are very high quality, engineered and produced. For my money, I use OEM parts whenever possible. Convenience sometimes dictates otherwise, but not often.

Your LX5470 must be an amazing mash up between a LX570 and LX470. How does it drive?

But seriously, for rubber parts I’d really strongly recommend OEM. Poor quality could deteriorate quickly and leave you with bigger problems.

To echo others, rubber is one of those things that quality makes a bit difference on. The aftermarket, even better known brands, often supply rubber parts that don't come close OEM quality.

Your LX5470 must be an amazing mash up between a LX570 and LX470. How does it drive?

But seriously, for rubber parts I’d really strongly recommend OEM. Poor quality could deteriorate quickly and leave you with bigger problems.
I have not driven the LX470 but considering mine is a 2014 model with over 170K miles on, it drives really nice. I just had my AHC fluid flush and all new A/T tires replaced. Next on my docket is deferential and transfer case fluid flush.

I just ended up purchasing the OEM LexusPartsOutlet. I'm hoping it'll be here soon before my long trip.

Thank you all for the responses, much appreciated! It makes me feel better hearing from other owners.

If I remember correctly, the slide pin and rubber boots are only on the rear wheels, correct? I've changed rotor and brake pads but not slide pin and rubber boots. Is it difficult? Is there a YouTub video somewhere I can peek at it quick? Based on the tracking number, I'm supposed to received on Monday afternoon. I'm leaving for the long trip on Wednesday morning. If it's not hard to replace, I wonder if I can get it done on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom