For Official Consideration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
I hope it is okay to post this: Hey Folks! It was mentioned at the last meeting that we should post things for official consideration. I'd like to submit a new logo design (already shared it once before) and submit a website redesign for everyone's consideration. I'd really like to create a site that features a member directory. I have a space on wix.com and played around with a site for demonstration purposes. It is a little over complicated, but it does have a members only section where we can link faces-to-names-to-ih8mud screen names.

Check it out: https://ajfarson.wixsite.com/bbcnn

This was thrown together in a couple of hours. It is just a demo. However, should a decision be made to update the site, I would be happy to setup it up and help admin the site. Here's the logo I mentioned...

full

Black and white is cheaper to print onto products, but here is an example of a color version:
full

We can have the artist make some adjustments, I'd like to make the windshield more opaque so you can't make out the driver too much. Just a warning that the artwork will cost money. If we can agree on a design, then we can shop it around to find someone who can do the work for us. I already have a list of potential people/firms, some are local to Nevada, others are elsewhere.

that might be cool on a sticker,

logo's on shirts if they are too big on your back will make you sweat real bad especially sitting in a car seat.. The other thing that we ran into is the more colors the more expensive they get,

logo's on shirts if they are too big on your back will make you sweat real bad especially sitting in a car seat.. The other thing that we ran into is the more colors the more expensive they get,

Last I heard, the new shirts would be a small logo on the front with the back empty.

Use to be a graphics person in a past life so let me chime in. The font on that will be hard to read from much distance when it is shrunk down to a breast pocket size. The font probably needs to be larger and less ornate for maximum readability. I don't know if the lighter shades of gray will transfer well either. I would suggest filtering it so the lightest shades go away. Also if shirts aren't just white we might want a color swapped version with a black back ground to represent the shirt color and then colors (suggest just 2) on the picture that are brighter.
Anyway, that is my 2 pennies worth.

Use to be a graphics person in a past life so let me chime in. The font on that will be hard to read from much distance when it is shrunk down to a breast pocket size. The font probably needs to be larger and less ornate for maximum readability. I don't know if the lighter shades of gray will transfer well either. I would suggest filtering it so the lightest shades go away. Also if shirts aren't just white we might want a color swapped version with a black back ground to represent the shirt color and then colors (suggest just 2) on the picture that are brighter.
Anyway, that is my 2 pennies worth.

Thanks! I am NOT a graphics guy, so your two-cents are worth more to me. :) My hope was to get the creative juices flowing in the club to see if we could come up with something. Many of us seem to want an updated logo, but none have been suggested.

I think it would be worth going with a company to design the hole logo. I priced some local shops and the price is consistent around $800 one-time. I just don't know if the club would interested in spending the money.

Those are good points. I like shirts with "open" graphics lots of clear background that winds up being just shirt.
I saw a pretty good bumper sticker on the 40 FB page the other day "If it was meant to go fast it wouldn't be shaped like a brick" Something like that with a line drawing of an FJ40 and the club name would be pretty cool IMHO.