For laughs and giggles... what would you pay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, what would you pay for an 1985 HJ60 with moderate rust on the body, aging tires with moderate interior? The engine and drive chain was in quite good condition, has a PTO winch. No mods except for 31" tires and bull bar mounted spotlights.

wow, how technical. you cant even post a picture?

it could be worth alot if the drive chain is in good running order

Lost: is this better?

DSCF9295.jpg
This is the perfect bush vehicle. Mechanically sound and will not let you down, but not so nice and pretty that you are scared to take it out. This truck has been well maintained the entire time that I have owned it and I have made sure that all repairs and maintenance have been carried out with the best parts that I can find. Below are some of the highlights of this truck.

• Expat owned
• 1985 HJ-60
• 2-H Inline 6 cylinder diesel
• PTO Winch
• Heavy Duty Hitch
• Up-rated springs
• 5 or 8 Seats (third row seat can be removed)
• High Roof model (much more comfortable for rear passengers!)
• Duty Paid
• Mechanically sound, body is starting to show its age
• IPF spotlights
• Comes with a small assortment of spare parts
DSCF9295.jpg

You didnt say high roof and sunroof, how bad is the rust??

I would keep it. good looking rig mate

You have a limited market being in Africa and all. i dont think you would have a hard time getting 4-6000USD, if that truck was in North America you might get 5-8000. This doesn't mean it couldn't be worth more, espcially if you have maintenance records.

I can't keep it as I just sold it today, I hope the new owner likes it. Finding parts was killing me and it was getting harder and harder to keep it running well.

So what did you sell it for then?

East Africa? I'm guessing it is worth at least 50 goats and a dozen chickens. The truck would make a heck of a dowry! Or maybe about $5K US dollars.

When all was said and done, I ended up selling it for about $6700. Not quite what I was hoping for, but not to bad.

Lost: I am a bit surprised at your estimate for North American value. But, I have not been paying attention to prices of old cruisers at home. It seems that often we have to pay twice as much for a vehicle over here as what we would in our home countries.

Runtrout: with sarcasm like that, you almost sound like you have lived over here a bit! Thankfully I did not have anybody make such offers, but I did have a few guys ask me to straight up give it to them!

there is a difference on what the seller wants to sell for and what the buyer will pay. sure your truck could be advertized for 10-12k, but how many people will actually jump up and go buy it? if you were selling it for 7-8k, you probably wouldnt have to wait for more then a week to sell. that what my valuation was kind of based on.

When all was said and done, I ended up selling it for about $6700. Not quite what I was hoping for, but not to bad.

Lost: I am a bit surprised at your estimate for North American value. But, I have not been paying attention to prices of old cruisers at home. It seems that often we have to pay twice as much for a vehicle over here as what we would in our home countries.

Runtrout: with sarcasm like that, you almost sound like you have lived over here a bit! Thankfully I did not have anybody make such offers, but I did have a few guys ask me to straight up give it to them!

At gun point?

Dynosoar:zilla:

I hope you didn't take any offense to my goat comment! ;)
Actually I am impressed you are cruising out in Africa, was not sure if you would be dealing in dollars or who knows!:cheers:

heck no I didn't take offense at your comment, I found it funny! The new owners are American as well so we ended doing the transaction in dollars.

I was actually thinking these rigs would be worth less in North America, not more. I should have been specific on that. Somehow I thought the going price for basically stock 60's was a lot less than what you guys are saying. Makes me feel better!

No, non of the request were at gunpoint. If it had been I would have given them the truck so fast they would not have known what to do. I had good insurance that would have paid up no questions asked.

the going price for stock 60's is pretty low here. That being said, there aer stock parts on your 60 that are difficult to get over here. So, the value would go up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom