Foot Rest Tabs Broken.. So I 3D printed new ones. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was in the cruiser running a wire to the back for a power outlet and it seemed that the previous owner had damaged the tabs under the foot rest and were holding on by a thread.
When I tried to pop the foot rest off the tabs broke off with it.

Instead of buying a new $80 foot rest I designed and 3D printed new ones that are much more stout and robust than the flimsy twigs that were on there.

If anyone has had the same issue I'm more than happy to share the file if you want to 3D print your own ones. Now the foot rest is solid as a rock.

Tab pic.jpg

Tab pic2.jpg

Tab pic3.jpg

I was in the cruiser running a wire to the back for a power outlet and it seemed that the previous owner had damaged the tabs under the foot rest and were holding on by a thread.
When I tried to pop the foot rest off the tabs broke off with it.

Instead of buying a new $80 foot rest I designed and 3D printed new ones that are much more stout and robust than the flimsy twigs that were on there.

If anyone has had the same issue I'm more than happy to share the file if you want to 3D print your own ones. Now the foot rest is solid as a rock.

View attachment 2672511

View attachment 2672512

View attachment 2672513
I'm in for files, if you're willing. I've only seen these broken and missing so I'm not really even sure what the "good" assembly looks like. admin@yotamd.com if you want to send an email/link.

I'd be interested. I still have the broken pedal. The first thing I said when I read your post was "why didn't I think of that"
mikell@cvctx.com

I'd be interested. I still have the broken pedal. The first thing I said when I read your post was "why didn't I think of that"
mikell@cvctx.com
Good Job!

I bought the last two remaining plastic clips to secure the foot rest to the floor from partsouq.

definitely need a pair of these. please let us know if you're going to carry these @suprarx7nut
If you want I can print some off. I would think it be about $10 for shipping from Western North Carolina.

My foot rest has been loose and wobbly for years. Would love to have a couple of these. Don't have access to a 3D printer but would gladly pay someone to make a set for me.

My foot rest has been loose and wobbly for years. Would love to have a couple of these. Don't have access to a 3D printer but would gladly pay someone to make a set for me.
I can print some off for you when I get back home. Send me a PM and I can get your details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom