1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fond farewell

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by GhostCruiser, Oct 7, 2003.

1. GhostCruiser

GhostCruiser

Well boys sold the cruiser yesterday. :'(

At least it went to a good cruiser home. A hunting outfitter service purchased it. I guess they have 5 more back at their ranch.

The good news is I got $9,000 plus a guided hunt thrown in. I think that was a more than generous offer considering the 150,000 miles and salvage title.

I just couldn't get over the lack of power and limitation of enginge replacments. So I'm now on the hunt for a 100 series. :D

2. GhostCruiser

GhostCruiser

When I get back to the office tommorrow I'll add some "before and after" photos to show the transformation.

3. GhostCruiser

GhostCruiser

Okay here is the original damage.

This is how it sat at the auction. Keep in mind these photos are all I had to go on as this was an Internet auction service.

4. GhostCruiser

GhostCruiser

Here is the "in progress" shots. I was able to do all of the accessory removal and rough dent pulling myself. After professionals did the final damage repair I did 90% of the paint prep work and then turned it back over to them again.

The parts replaced were the hood, sunroof, left rear quarter window & windshield. Kinda of handy that I run a glass replacment facility...

5. GhostCruiser

GhostCruiser

Here is the finish photos.

6. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

wow -- what a change -- !!

7. GhostCruiser

GhostCruiser

I can only get one photo attached per post I guess. Sorry for the interior shot on the damage photo post. Here is a better view.

8. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

could you give us some history on this? looks like it was rolled, you bought it at auction cheap, re-finished it and then sold it for $9K, right??

9. GhostCruiser

GhostCruiser

Right,

I got it for just under $4000 dollars in Pasco Washington. There are several Internet and live auction sites for Insurance companies. Keep in mind unless a vehicle is entirely obliterated someone will be putting it back on the road. With the true lack of saftey controls that is a little disconcerting.

I picked this 80 because of the absence of any structural or steering components damage. Everything was cosmetic damage. I routinely see theft recovery vehicles with no damage come across the auctions.