Followed this lady into the Albertson's parking lot. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rusto

SILVER Star
Threads
I was in my 60, so I didn't totally freak her out.

Lady's name is Kathy and her husband had this '78 FJ40 in Durango, Co for 31 years until he died two years ago. He bought it from some guy in the valley that used to have a lot of 'em, she says. Now it's her daily townie. Said she's going to drive it until she dies, then let her kids decide if they want to keep it or give it her late husband's brother. Original paint in most places that tells a great story. Said she won't ever paint it either. LIttle bit of rust through on the rear sill, but that only made it better.

still has the dog dish on the spare and looked really clean. Sorry for the quality of the pic, the phone on my camera is all busted up.

So often you hear of the widow selling it for pennies on the dollar or the kids fighting over it just to sell it. She knew what she had and wasn't letting it go. Made my day

(didn't have the heart to tell her about the bezel)

20210211_124532.jpg

It's crazy how much attention an older, unique looking rig can get even though they are stock.

My daily is a root beer brown 79 Ford F100 short bed. Not even that old, but I can't escape the Home Depot parking lot without at least one person stopping me to ask about it. Literally every. Single. Time.

I didn't know there were any Albertson's still open lol

I was in my 60, so I didn't totally freak her out.

Lady's name is Kathy and her husband had this '78 FJ40 in Durango, Co for 31 years until he died two years ago. He bought it from some guy in the valley that used to have a lot of 'em, she says. Now it's her daily townie. Said she's going to drive it until she dies, then let her kids decide if they want to keep it or give it her late husband's brother. Original paint in most places that tells a great story. Said she won't ever paint it either. LIttle bit of rust through on the rear sill, but that only made it better.

still has the dog dish on the spare and looked really clean. Sorry for the quality of the pic, the phone on my camera is all busted up.

So often you hear of the widow selling it for pennies on the dollar or the kids fighting over it just to sell it. She knew what she had and wasn't letting it go. Made my day

(didn't have the heart to tell her about the bezel)

View attachment 2582693

Curious what valley? In Arizona it's the Phoenix. I like patina cruisers but have to disagree that rust showing makes it better.

It wouldn't have been kind to point out the bezel but your picture highlights how the emblem is not centered when on upside-down.

It's crazy how much attention an older, unique looking rig can get even though they are stock.

My daily is a root beer brown 79 Ford F100 short bed. Not even that old, but I can't escape the Home Depot parking lot without at least one person stopping me to ask about it. Literally every. Single. Time.

I didn't know there were any Albertson's still open lol

Albertsons are still area in Phoenix. By the way Safeway was bought by Albertsons.

@Living in the Past - you're right about rust. I guess I meant that it's all there right in front of you. Honest with no bodywork done, ever.

And the valley of which I speak is the Animas River Valley. "In the valley" here means north of Durango but not yet climbing up into the mountains. Incredibly beautiful with some OG homesteads, ranches and farms. But way less than there use to be thanks to the golf course and developments creeping up valley.

And the valley of which I speak is the Animas River Valley. "In the valley" here means north of Durango but not yet climbing up into the mountains. Incredibly beautiful with some OG homesteads, ranches and farms. But way less than there use to be thanks to the golf course and developments creeping up valley.
Case in point - IMO they really screwed up the area west of Pagosa Springs when they developed the Fairfield area years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom