Folding the Back seat down question: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone ever tried shaving the bttm cushion so that seat actually lays flat when folded down? Is this possible? We don't sit back there so if its lil less comfy yet lays flatter to get this 73"x55"x12" air matty to lay flat i think its a win win: And yes...i could jus remove the back seat or ship it but thinking about when I pick up my rig to drive it the 3000 mile trip home and where ever. Possible?

AirBedz Original Truck Bed Air Mattress PPI 103 Midsize 6'-6.5' Short Bed (73"x55"x12") - https://truckairbedz.com/Airbedz/airBedz-original-truck-bed-air-mattress-PPI-103-short-bed-size

1644701537471.png

Since I -never- carried 2 passengers, I permanently removed the back seat and never needed it in 20 years.
I eventually discarded it in a dumpster.
As far as I was concerned, my cruiser was a two person vehicle- like a pickup.
But eventually you’ll want the back seat when you sell the vehicle (blasphemy!)

Since I -never- carried 2 passengers, I permanently removed the back seat and never needed it in 20 years.
I eventually discarded it in a dumpster.
As far as I was concerned, my cruiser was a two person vehicle- like a pickup.
But eventually you’ll want the back seat when you sell the vehicle (blasphemy!)
Ya...but im not wanting to ship it cross country.

There are retainers on either side of the seat that should hold the seat flat when pushed down. Are yours missing or worn?

Has anyone ever tried shaving the bttm cushion so that seat actually lays flat when folded down? Is this possible? We don't sit back there so if its lil less comfy yet lays flatter to get this 73"x55"x12" air matty to lay flat i think its a win win: And yes...i could jus remove the back seat or ship it but thinking about when I pick up my rig to drive it the 3000 mile trip home and where ever. Possible?

AirBedz Original Truck Bed Air Mattress PPI 103 Midsize 6'-6.5' Short Bed (73"x55"x12") - https://truckairbedz.com/Airbedz/airBedz-original-truck-bed-air-mattress-PPI-103-short-bed-size

View attachment 2922752

Huh? 60/62 rear seats lay flatter than any vehicle on the planet. Yours don't?

Huh? 60/62 rear seats lay flatter than any vehicle on the planet. Yours don't?
dnt rlly remember...but have read many ppl state the dnt lay so flat...if it does, that be great!

There are retainers on either side of the seat that should hold the seat flat when pushed down. Are yours missing or worn?
This. They are on the underside of the bottom cushion. When the seat back folds down it catches in the retainers and stays flat.

ohhhhh missed this...im guessing missing as I dnt recall ever noticing em

I dnt think mines gets this flat...but i think if it does this would work

1644727761536.png

Would anyone know rhe distance frm back of seat to rear of rig??

Thanks.

Screenshot_20220212-235250_Chrome.jpg

This. They are on the underside of the bottom cushion. When the seat back folds down it catches in the retainers and stays flat.
i think the whole bttm part of the seat flips up ya? Then the back folds down...was thinking the back part jsut folded down on top of the bttm part...i think this will work!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom