Fog lights to LED light bar reconnect, now engine wont turn over. HELP!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
## Let me start by saying I have limited( OK, if any ) mechanical & electrical skills beyond basic, am a first time Toyota owner and am on a beach 45 miles from my factory trained indie mechanic or the local dealer.

Started with the previous owner retaining and pulling his gucci Baja Designs LED light bar upon my purchase, leaving a Black/White/Green set of wires connected throught a relay to OEM fog light dial on turn signal mast.

My replacement LED bar had only Black & Red wire leads. I connected:
Black<=>Black
Red<=>White wires
Light bar worked fine via low beams. Engine turned over and started as usual, but light bar turned off when high beams engaged via turn signal mast.

Then i overthought the situation and hosed myself by connecting:
Black<=>Black
Red<=>GREEN
NO lights and now engine won't turn over to start, just a ticking/clicking sound.:eek:

Could solution it be as simple as clearing error code(s) and/or checking fuses?
Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I would disconnect the wires to light bar, tape them or make sure they are not shorted to anything, then try to start it. First priority is to get the engine started, then find out what is that green wire connected to.
Yep already disconnected and isolated. Forgot to mention minimal diagnostics or tools available( of course ). Thanks

Last edited:
Issue resolved. Tracked down the culpriate( broken wire ) and replaced red top Optima battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom