Fog lights on a stock FJ62 bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have fog lights mounted to their stock 62 bumper? I searched the archives but couldn't find anything. I would rather not drill into my chrome bumper, it's in near perfect condition, so I'm wondering if there's an alternate way to mount them?

Does anyone have fog lights mounted to their stock 62 bumper? I searched the archives but couldn't find anything. I would rather not drill into my chrome bumper, it's in near perfect condition, so I'm wondering if there's an alternate way to mount them?
Can't find a close-up at the moment but these are Baja Designs on some Torfab mounts that are bolted on with the stock bolts.

Foglights.jpg

I found all the clamp-on solutions to be garbage, and they wiggle after time. I mounted my 7” hella lamps to a couple of these:

2225214D-1AFB-451A-BCC9-D847FE9D1ADC.png

D902B760-6783-4CAB-8483-DE2A87B5331F.png

You can use the countersunk hole in the magnet with a matching screw. This magnet is unbelievably strong. It didn’t budge for 3 years and when I finally did remove it from the bumper I needed a crowbar to pry it off. No trace on the bumper when removed.

I’m now experimenting with using 3M aerospace-grade double stick tape to mount an extruded rail to the bumper.

Doesnt the stock bumper already have some holes in it? If the holes are not symmetric it would be easy enough to bolt a mounting plate to and mount your lights onto the plate.

I like the look of the old school round halogen lamps. Call me crazy, but it’s period correct and those tiny LEDs just don’t feel right on a stock 6X. The problem is that the 7” lamps block the 62’s turn signals at the bumper hole locations, plus the passenger side lamp gets in the way of the recovery hook.

Doesnt the stock bumper already have some holes in it? If the holes are not symmetric it would be easy enough to bolt a mounting plate to and mount your lights onto the plate.
The stock FJ60 bumper has factory holes for factory fog lights (not offered in the US). The FJ62 does not have these holes unfortunately. You have to drill! Or make some kind of bracket off the factory bumper mounts. I am putting fog lights on my FJ62, so I am going through this right now. If they are small lights, mounting them at the stock bumper mounts may work, but using bigger lights will have them being too close to the recovery hook.

Edit, another route could be to use a mount that clamps onto the bumper from the back side (like a small C-clamp).

Please don't drill a factory clean bumper. See reply #2 - that is the slick solution!

I have been thinking about installing some fog lights, using 'all-thread' or beam hangers, sliding them on the back of the bumper. Its down my priority list, but something I've thought about to avoid drilling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom