Fog Light Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to install a set of driving/fog lights on my '97 80. Currently do not have a brush bar, and do not intend to get one soon. I've seen lights mounted above the front bumper in front of the grill on other 80's. Any issues in the warmer weather in terms of cooling (i.e. airflow to radiator). I'm looking to put on the round lights, rather than the smaller rectangular variety.

Thanks.

There are no issues with cooling.

As an alternative..you can get rectangle size lights and put them in the two fake 'air vents' that are in the bumper. Just remove the plastic inserts and mount the lights.

I remember someone ..a long time ago..on the old SOR forum had some nice PIAA's in those slots.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure about rectangulars - really like the round variety. What is the best and safest way (in terms of not frying the electrical system) to install a set of these. SOR offers a fog light switch for the dash. Do all 80s have this wiring already in place from the factory? If not, what is the recommended course of action?

Eric:

S.A. may have been referring to the PIAA 1500's I put in the openings below the bumper. Worked out well for me, and the 1500's have performed very well. If you choose to go this route, just make sure you alight the brackets very carefully to allow for proper lateral aiming.

BK-

You gotta pic of your front bumper? I would like to see the finished product.

Mark

Yes....somewhere....lemme look for it..I think I had to impose on Beo to post it last time,,,,

found it...looks like this :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom