Fob Issue - anyone else have this happen? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys - weird behavior that I can not pinpoint. Randomly, my key fob and the car stop being connected. Meaning, when I click the fob to open the doors it does not work. Then, when I open the car door with the key the rest of the doors will not unluck, even when I hit the unlock button on the door. It is like it is dead. And no, the fob battery is not dead. The behavior will last for a day or two and then suddenly just disappear.

Thoughts? Anyone ever have this happen?

Is the light on your key fob blinking every time you hit the buttons? My issues have been in the key fob, not the receiver. Just old switches and connections wearing out.

have you changed the battery in the FOB?

Also, check your doors. If any door is slightly ajar, the remote won’t work properly. At least on mine.
EDIT: Disregard, sorry I missed that your interior door switch is also affected.

Note, if working when cool in morning before sun hits the doors. Then stops working when it get hot out. Sunny side fails first. Classic Door lock motors failure!

Last edited:
Have you recently upgraded any of the lighting to LEDs? I have seen this story of thing happen with the cheapo led bulbs, it messes up the keyless entry. My brother had this happen when he swapped the license plate bulbs in his '17 Highlander. Any time the headlights were on, the keyless lock/unlock was wonky. He put the original bulbs back in and it was fine.

Have seen several reports in the 200 section of similar weird behavior.

Have you recently upgraded any of the lighting to LEDs? I have seen this story of thing happen with the cheapo led bulbs, it messes up the keyless entry. My brother had this happen when he swapped the license plate bulbs in his '17 Highlander. Any time the headlights were on, the keyless lock/unlock was wonky. He put the original bulbs back in and it was fine.

Have seen several reports in the 200 section of similar weird behavior.
Thanks for posting this! I had LED lights in the license plate lights. Remote locking wasn’t working well when the headlights were on. Just replaced with regular bulbs and now all works perfectly.

Thanks for posting this! I had LED lights in the license plate lights. Remote locking wasn’t working well when the headlights were on. Just replaced with regular bulbs and now all works perfectly.

Good deal! Sounds like some driver noise interfering on the key fob's frequency.

Which cheapo Amazon-sold Chinese brand is causing the issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom