FN Fx Pro wheels on 200 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried fitting the FN Fx Pro wheels (17x8) on their 200? Thinking of these wheels with 285/70/17 tires. The offset is 0, so given the +35mm stock offset plus larger diameter tires I am thinking no room in wheel well without a lift.

I'm thinking of a small lift (1-2") but not sure if that would provide clearance. Just wondering if anyone had gone down this road with similar wheel offset/tire size combo?

image-jpg.1084068

I've always liked those wheels on Tacoma's and FJ Cruisers, but do they make a 5 hole version? LC's moved to 5 hole lug rims on the 100 series and it continued with the 200.

I've always liked those wheels on Tacoma's and FJ Cruisers, but do they make a 5 hole version? LC's moved to 5 hole lug rims on the 100 series and it continued with the 200.

Well duh. I guess I haven't really done my homework here. Need to add in a 5 bolt-to-6 hole adapter. Back to the drawing board.

Has anyone tried fitting the FN Fx Pro wheels (17x8) on their 200? Thinking of these wheels with 285/70/17 tires. The offset is 0, so given the +35mm stock offset plus larger diameter tires I am thinking no room in wheel well without a lift.

And just for the record, the "stock" offset of the TRD 17" wheels is +50mm and the stock offset of the OEM 18" wheels is +60mm. We know the LT285/70R17 tires on the 17X8X50 TRD wheels is the recommended combination from Toyota, so no problems.

HTH

Added to this thread and looking for some advice. I have a 2008 200 series. I just got the gunmetal FN FX Pros put on with my existing 275/65/18s Toyo OC's. All looks good but old tires seem small. I am struggling to decide on what tire size go with next. Either 285/65 or 275/70 has been recommended. I am thinking due to these wheels being an inch wider than stock, that I should go with the taller tires to better fill the wheel well. Thus the 275/70s. Welcome any advice.

Added to this thread and looking for some advice. I have a 2008 200 series. I just got the gunmetal FN FX Pros put on with my existing 275/65/18s Toyo OC's. All looks good but old tires seem small. I am struggling to decide on what tire size go with next. Either 285/65 or 275/70 has been recommended. I am thinking due to these wheels being an inch wider than stock, that I should go with the taller tires to better fill the wheel well. Thus the 275/70s. Welcome any advice.
Post pictures. Did you use an adapter to get around the lug difference?

Post pictures. Did you use an adapter to get around the lug difference?

FN website shows the 18x9 +25mm offset FX Pro wheels in 5x150 110mm hubcentric as available - no adapter necessary: FN Wheels - FX Pro

Here they are on a Tundra:

HTH

Every time I see these pop up on my “Trd pro wheels” alert for OfferUp I would always see these and wish they would fit. Now seeing them on a LC200 I might for for these over the BBS

Im Really into this wheel but am I able to run a 9” inch wheels with a +25 offset with no adverse issues on a stock setup? I know there are some tire experts here that I would hope I could pick their brain!

I would go with the 285/65/18... It'll be a little wider and slightly shorter. I'm running that size and had to do very minor heat gun mod and remove the front mud flaps and I think it's the largest tire u can do without major mods.

Im Really into this wheel but am I able to run a 9” inch wheels with a +25 offset with no adverse issues on a stock setup? I know there are some tire experts here that I would hope I could pick their brain!

+25 offset on the 200 is actually the perfect offset IMO. Nearly flush with the fenders depending on which tire u use. 9inch rim is fine, again, depending on the tire size you choose. Right now I'm on the stock wheels but with a 1.25 inch spacer, effectively changing the wheel to about 25mm offset and they look awesome. It'll cause u to have to do a little trimming on a tire that would've fit without trimming on a +60 offset wheel but it looks 100% better.

Are they Forged?

Here are 2 photos. Love the FN wheels, but now feel like the 275/65 tires look too short and too fat. Do I replace with 285/65 or 275/70?

Lando FN2.JPG

Lando FN1.jpeg

I just spoke to Dustin at FN Wheels, he said they (FN FX Pro) are in stock 1100 shipped in matte black or dark grey. I am struggling to decide. I had my mind made up on the XD818 Heist in 18x9 with +30 but now I am not sure. Anyone want to chime in...? They are similar weight at 28lbs. I am open to other suggestions... Or there is a set of 17” Rock Warriors local for $900. But sometimes the 17 inch RW wheel just looks a little small for me. Oh yeah and to really throw a wrench in there I parked next to a TR4 with ICON Rebound 17x8.5 +25 in Titanium finish and it was the best looking wheel Ive seen in person! Does anyone have an opinion on 17 vs 18 as the ICON only come in 17 inch. I have a 2015 LX570 in Galactic Grey and looking to pair up to a Nitto G2 . Thank you.
969D1B32-E742-4B27-BE70-B11D5F84022F.jpeg
C51FBC53-F2EE-492B-80F2-DD5BFEF0DD85.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom