FN Five Star wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirt Ferguson

SILVER Star
Threads
I know there are some people who run these wheels. I’ve seen them in the 80 Series Wheels thread.

Anyone care to comment on their experience with the wheels in terms of how they’re holding up and overall impressions?

This thread is for people who run these wheels and have experience with them.

Thanks for your input @Marco Lau

The traditional 5 star design is prolific throughout off road wheel design.

I don't recall anyone mentioning a failure of these wheels. Personal opinions on appearance are entirely subjective and worthless to anyone but yourself (ahem, @Marco Lau). Other than technical details like rubbing due to backspacing/offset, I don't know what you're looking for.

I don't recall anyone mentioning a failure of these wheels. Personal opinions on appearance are entirely subjective and worthless to anyone but yourself (ahem, @Marco Lau). Other than technical details like rubbing due to backspacing/offset, I don't know what you're looking for.
Don't Ahem me Gummy!!

Thank You to @ZetheGSD and @gummycarbs for contributing relevant info to this thread.

The backspacing and offset numbers look appropriate for an 80 (2.5" of lift on my rig) and the center bore number works for our rigs as well.

I've had decent communication from someone on their staff and the price on these wheels is great, and they're available. I'm over trying to revolve my schedule around trying to buy SCS wheels. I had them on my Taco and they were great, but the way they're running that business these days doesn't make sense to me. Clout via scarcity?

Last edited:
Thank You to @ZetheGSD and @gummycarbs for contributing relevant info to this thread.

The backspacing and offset numbers look appropriate for an 80 (2.5" of lift on my rig) and the center bore number works for our rigs as well.

I've had decent communication from someone on their staff and the price on thee wheels is great, and they're available. I'm over trying to revolve my schedule around trying to buy SCS wheels. I had them on my Taco and they were great, but the way they're running that business these days doesn't make sense to me. Clout via scarcity?
I completely understand the scheduling conflict with SCS. I have 4 F5 wheels and a method spare wheel because after waiting over a year SCS basically told me to pound sand for only one wheel. They will never see a dime from me again…

4A0700A8-4093-457D-BE57-0C0B5CB7E45D.jpeg

Yeah, if you're not patiently monitoring the SCS Insta feed every day to, hopefully, see the one post where they announce a new "drop" of wheels that go on sale that day at 6pm PST and then they are gone by 6:15.

Not my scene, but I know that's how people get the hype train rolling and chugging along. Seems to be working out for Vin.

Edit: And yours look great @ZetheGSD !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom