FM Modulator Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of installing a hardwired FM modulator for a XM Delphi SkiFi radio (the older one not the SkiFi 2). I have read all the threads on FM modulators but I cannot find the answer I am looking for.

The instructions say to connect the power wires to a 12V power terminal. The terminals on the wire are a female and male connector. What do I connect these to? I looked around the fuse block in the engine bay and the interior but could not find anything that looked like it would accept the male and female connector. When I searched for 12V power terminal, all I got was threads on auxiliary 12V cigarette lighter accessory plugs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Travis

Last edited:
slick621 said:
The instructions say to connect the power wires to a 12V power terminal. The terminals on the wire are a female and male connector. What do I connect these to?Travis

Clip the male off up inside the clear cover where it comes out of the female and then splice the male pigtail into a wire from a hot source, THEN plug it into your female. Same for the black I would guess.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would just forget about the connectors - just snip the wire close to the existing connector and use a butt connector with some heat shrink tubing to run an extension to your power source (if you need extra length on the wire). I did not see a fuse on the + (red) wire. It is VERY important to have a fuse within 10" or so of the place you get power - that way a short won't mess things up. You can cut the black wire short and find a good ground near the module mounting point - use a multimeter to check.

Chip

Thanks guys! I didnt know if there was some magical connector behind a fuse box somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom