Flywheel Plates: Where They Go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steamer

SILVER Star
Threads
74, 4spd, with the 3 finger pressure plate.
Where do these three “flywheel plates” go? I replaced a clutch disc 21 years ago along with pilot and throw out bearings but did not remove the flywheel. Don’t remember seeing these and can’t figure out where they go. I'll probably see it when I do the job but would like to know ahead of time.

018-19A-KIT-big.jpg

Those go on the bolts that hold flywheel to the crank. After your torque down the bolts you bend over a corner to lock the bolt. Found out the hard way in 1974 shortly after buying my 68. One bolt came loose and locked up the clutch. That was first experience pulling a transmission/transfer case. Was a lot younger and did it without any type of jack. It was November in Flagstaff in the driveway. It's an experience I will never forget. It still at a three speed at the time. That was the only time I didn't have a garage. Once was enough.

Ah! Got it. Thank you sir. Pretty wild some of the things we did when young and short on tools, equipment & work space.

You’re using new flywheel bolts, right? Right?

You’re using new flywheel bolts, right? Right?
Didn't think of that but good tip. I'll add them to my list of parts. Thanks!
The clutch isn't gone yet, but it is dropping hints that I should be prepared so I'm the one who chooses when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom