flywheel cover removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When removing the flywheel cover, how do you get to the 2 bolts uder the cover? Do you have to take off the clutch and flywheel first? Thanks.

Used that search thingy and it was mentioned to rotate the flywheel to get to the bolts. My oil pan is removed and I can get a wrench to them. They are lossened, but I can't get them all the way out. I'm going to try rotating the flywheel. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

If you mean remove the bellhousing, there are 4 bolts under the flywheel. Maybe there is a way to get ot off without removing the clutch and flywheel....but I can't figger it out;)
Even with all the bolts out you cant get the bell housing off if the flywheel is still bolted up.
The clutch inspection cover should be easily removed. I guess I am not sure what you are trying to take off. Terminology thing?

Ed

Got it off with only a few curse words. Ed is correct. Just in case this is searched for by someone later, there are 4 bolts under flywheel. 2 bolts on outside. Had to take clutch and flywheel off. Then the bellhousing / flywheel cover came off. WAAAYYY EASIER that way. :D

I looked in all of my manuals, but could not find a picture of where the bolts were so I just started taking it apart.

Thanks.

Just a few curse words? I had the joy of a siezed engine, you can't get the clutch off without turning the crank, there were more then a few choice words for that job. :mad:
So far that has been the only real pain in the :censor: doing a F Engine to F Engine swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom