Fluids! Diffs, Transmission, & T-case... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all... looking to change out my fluids for my diffs, transmission, and transfer case. I was thinking of using the below Amsoil options, what do you all think? Also, how much of this stuff will I need??? Also, in regards to the differentials, I'm assuming there are three - front, rear, and center? Or is the center diff just the t-case? Sorry, that's a noob question...

Transmission: Amsoil Synthetic auto transmission fluid

Differntials and T-case: Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90

When I'm refreshing fluids, other than engine oil and the above, is there anything else that I should be thinking about?

Thanks!

Your fluid choices are just fine. You'll need 6qts of gear oil for the three diffs (yes, the center diff is inside the TC). You'll need 3-4 gallons of transmission fluid to do a proper exchange using the transmission cooler line in a bucket method. I'd advise a coolant, power steering and brake fluid flush as well if you have no idea when they were last done.

hey hey! what's your thought on tranny oil cost? the link i sent was for amsoil signature series... that's $60 per gallon. the valvoline equivalent is about half the cost.... any suggestions?

Your fluid choices are just fine. You'll need 6qts of gear oil for the three diffs (yes, the center diff is inside the TC). You'll need 3-4 gallons of transmission fluid to do a proper exchange using the transmission cooler line in a bucket method. I'd advise a coolant, power steering and brake fluid flush as well if you have no idea when they were last done.

hey hey! what's your thought on tranny oil cost? the link i sent was for amsoil signature series... that's $60 per gallon. the valvoline equivalent is about half the cost.... any suggestions?

At the danger of triggering another oil debate, I'd venture to say most people here (including me) are using this:

Can I just use this in all 3? New to 4Runners, used this in my LX’s.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom