Fluid storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a creative way to store fluids in their cruiser? I like to keep coolant and a few other fluids in case of emergency, but as of right now they just sit in my cargo area. It would be nice to get them off the carpet to stop coolant from getting into it and keeping the cargo area more open for sleeping

I use plastic storage container it’s like a 50 quart cooler size the lid clicks on green color heavy duty camping style plastic. Sporting goods or Walmart on line.

Anyone have a creative way to store fluids in their cruiser? I like to keep coolant and a few other fluids in case of emergency, but as of right now they just sit in my cargo area. It would be nice to get them off the carpet to stop coolant from getting into it and keeping the cargo area more open for sleeping
Admittedly this is not very creative.
But needed a standard-size container - picked up 6 new quart bottles from Amazon - like what oil comes in.
3 bottles hold oil (buy gallons, truck uses a bit), 2 bottles hold 100% coolant (up to a gallon available when diluted 50/50 in emergencies), and 1 bottle of tranny fluid (for tranny and power steering).
The 6 bottles take up about half a shoebox size worth of space. The space I carved out of the construction in the rear that holds everything else.

Having said that, the space used to keep them has since been occupied by a water pump. But since the quart bottles aren't that large by themselves, still have nooks and crannies in and around other stuff in which they will fit.

I use to store all my fluids in the right rear quarter panel behind the plastic cover. Was able to fit quite a bit back there.

I have my electrical setup in that space now so moved a couple things and I store my fluids in the passenger side battery box.

Wrap the fluid bottles with a rag and put it behind the small outer light in the left fender .... the place, where on the right side is either the original air intake or the tubing of the snorkel ... otherways useless empty space ...

I have a cheap plastic Walmart large toolbox ratchet-strapped into the trunk that holds tools and fluids, and some recovery gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom