Fluid Film (or other) Estimates? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

So it's my second year here in Michigan and I'm giving a second look now to having a shop do my undercoating this year.

Last year I bought about 8 cans of Fluid Film and did it myself in my driveway with minimal prep and I think it fared pretty well given the minimal effort I put in.

This year I'd like a more thorough approach, so I'm either going to put the truck on ramps and possibly get a spray gun or have it done professionally at a shop.

My big question is how much is everyone paying to have it professionally done?

Looking on forum, there aren't many posts about cost, but my best guesstimate is anywhere from about $150-250 to have it professionally done.

Now bear with me, but my brother-in-law just had his expedition done and paid a whopping $500 to have it done. That seems up there for me but apparently they clean the entire underbody and get into all the panels and what not.

I don't mind paying that much every few years with some touch ups in between but that seems pretty steep to me.

I'm thinking the industry is charging a similar price regardless of product they apply since they probably are all very similar in content.
I had this product Corrosion FREE | Non-Toxic And No Drip Rust Proving - https://corrosionfree.com/ from Canada applied to my GX 460 and it was in the low $400 range and included a underside wash, and post application wash of the entire vehicle along with a respray of any areas that became bare after one year ( which i forgot to do).
After two years there are two spots where the product is worn away just behind the front wheels on the leading edge of the frame, caused by dirt spray off the tires. . I plan to get a spray can of the product to recover those spots.

I just had the 80 re-upped at Krown in Rochester Hills. IIRC it was $140. Also a Canadian product. My understanding is it's equivalent to Fluid Film (lanolin oil) and should be done every year. No smell, drips a lot for a day or two.

I had the same crown do mine in Rochester and going back this year. The price will fluctuate based on if you just do the undercarriage and or if you do the interior of the door/quarter panels and so forth. That requires them to access through any factory ports or to make some

Krown "dealer" here in Livonia quoted me $140 last year, haven't checked this year yet doing some other work first...

Krown "dealer" here in Livonia quoted me $140 last year, haven't checked this year yet doing some other work first...
Heads up @Francis K , the Krown in Livonia is moving shop, when I called in September he said he wouldn't be back online for a few months. He recommended the franchise in Rochester.

I am still doing my own, purchased the heavy duty spray gun kit years ago. Every season I spend $40 on a gallon of Fluid Film and that handles both of my vehicles. It is kind of a pain to do in the driveway, but I can do two trucks in an afternoon. I guess just figure out what your time is worth.

I am still doing my own, purchased the heavy duty spray gun kit years ago. Every season I spend $40 on a gallon of Fluid Film and that handles both of my vehicles. It is kind of a pain to do in the driveway, but I can do two trucks in an afternoon. I guess just figure out what your time is worth.
Labor of love

So with the Rigs and Coffee FB group I’ve learned that the host has the ability to do Fluid Film at his shop in Hudsonville SW of Grand Rapids if that could help. It’s close to me, so I’m going to schedule for my taco and the 96.

@VSPro9
Can confirm the other derek is good at it.

I do mine myself with the FF gun with ext wands and bulk fluid film. You'll save money and no one will be more thorough on your beloved LC than you. So get spraying!

As a point of reference, I took my 80 series to Krown in Holland last week. $151 out the door. They pressure wash everything first and then coated the inside of all the doors, hatch and tailgate. Sprayed inside the frame rails and above the gas tank. Super friendly and feel they did a great job. Well worth it in my opinion and I'll probably take Kate's 62 down to have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom