Flowmaster 70 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I crushed my tailpipe and damaged the resonator more than once. It is simply stupid to have it poking out the back the way it is if you're going to see some action in the rocks. I had a local shop weld in a 70 Series Flowmaster with dual inlets and a 3" tailpipe that exits right behind the passenger side rear wheel., The resonator and the pathetic, criminally restrictive Y pipe are gone. The sweet, mellow rumble of the V8 is finally audible! There is absolutely no drone, no raspy rice-burner, fart-pipe sounds. In fact, on the freeway I can just barely hear it. While accelerating, I can actually hear what the engine is doing. It seems to pull harder than it did before. I couldn't be happier with this setup!

I crushed my tailpipe and damaged the resonator more than once. It is simply stupid to have it poking out the back the way it is if you're going to see some action in the rocks. I had a local shop weld in a 70 Series Flowmaster with dual inlets and a 3" tailpipe that exits right behind the passenger side rear wheel., The resonator and the pathetic, criminally restrictive Y pipe are gone. The sweet, mellow rumble of the V8 is finally audible! There is absolutely no drone, no raspy rice-burner, fart-pipe sounds. In fact, on the freeway I can just barely hear it. While accelerating, I can actually hear what the engine is doing. It seems to pull harder than it did before. I couldn't be happier with this setup!
:steer: we're going to need pics and sound clips

:steer: we're going to need pics and sound clips
I second this!
I was actually looking at doing something similar with the exit of the tail pipe. Still have it tucked up under the fender but have it angled/pointed down and out behind the wheel. Seems like that would be the least likely place to get smashed or anything.

The installer didn't bring the pipe all the way out. He did a turn-down just inside the wheel. I was a bit concerned when I saw it, but it works perfectly. No fumes get in, and it can't get damaged. Next I'm turning my attention to that spare. It needs better rubber and it's going up higher now that I have some room to move the evap hardware over.

muffler1.jpg

muffler2.jpg

muffler3.jpg

The installer didn't bring the pipe all the way out. He did a turn-down just inside the wheel. I was a bit concerned when I saw it, but it works perfectly. No fumes get in, and it can't get damaged. Next I'm turning my attention to that spare. It needs better rubber and it's going up higher now that I have some room to move the evap hardware over.

View attachment 2672657

View attachment 2672658

View attachment 2672659

That'll work better I think. I currently have a smashed side exit exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom