SOLD Florida New York 1971 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(192, 219, 19)
Outside Link
https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/d/florida-1971-toyota-land-cruisers/7501639932.html
1971 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale
The FJ was bought for parts but it’s complete and no parts were ever taken from it. It has the straight-6 Toyota motor. The bfenders and body have rust but the frame, drivetrain and the inside is good. Has clean paper work. It’s one of three 1971 FJ 40’s that I have for sale.
For sale or trade for a newer diesel truck.
Willing to trade all 3 for a newer diesel pickup truck with no rust and lower miles.

D96790D6-98AD-482F-B778-2CB68B9AB6F0.jpeg

C5D611B5-BF6A-492A-ACA8-193644E53BAF.jpeg

45C98D19-713D-4EA4-8AC5-0BB4CCE1A8E3.jpeg

0EEC8573-1377-44D0-B9DF-953BA087113D.jpeg

0349F83D-86A1-4EFF-A228-D8B50F53632C.jpeg

That’s a funny looking 71.

You’re the second person to mention that. I will have to go and look at the registrations and paperwork again. I could’ve swore they all said 71 but maybe I’m mistaken
I got 13 vehicles that I’m dealing with, 2 acres of land covered in s***. Another house I’m flipping And I’ve been living without running water and a working kitchen for a year and a half so excuse me

You’re the second person to mention that. I will have to go and look at the registrations and paperwork again. I could’ve swore they all said 71 but maybe I’m mistaken
Easier than that: Just open driver's door on the mustard yellow one. On the door jamb below the dash should be an aluminum tag that will tell the month and year of manufacture. From the pics, it's about 1978. Assuming the hood is original, the emissions tag on the underside of the hood will tell you year. And the tag on the firewall, passenger's side, will tell which trans it has (H42 is the four speed), paint code (Mustard is 532 IIRC), among other things. The other two you have (red one and the spring green one that I saw on CL, not here) are about '71 (chrome hood spears, F engine, three speed trans v. four speed are giveaways). Forum rules require prices to be posted IIRC. Please don't take any of this personally, BTW. In my experience, Mudders (myself included) can be a fairly ... critical bunch, not very tolerant of hyperbole or imprecise descriptions of Land Cruisers. I hear ya that you're overwhelmed with sh... uh, shaving cream, but if I may ask a favor, please grab a hose and a rag and give that mustard one a bath and a wipe. It doesn't present well. Get some pics of the frame in the back where the spring hangers attach and frame rails under driver's seat. Open the ambulance doors and shoot a couple pics of the rear sill and bed floor. Grab the fan belt or crank pulley and see if the 2F turns. Stuff like that. A number of guys here really know their stuff (Overton comes to mind) when it comes to marketing these beasts. And they'll point you in the right direction if you're willing to accept their guidance. The frames and tubs of these trucks are prone to rust, and that really hurts their value. Be prepared and perhaps it won't seem like it's a personal attack. Remember that opinions of value are just that, opinions (similar to a certain body orifice). The only opinion that truly matters to you is the opinion of the person who puts the cash in your hand. I have to remind myself (not always easily) of that when I see an opinion that ... rubs me as ... not ... right. IMO, the market for these rigs is grossly inflated. But I'm not buying or selling right now, so I can just take my opinion and ... wipe it, ha ha! GL with your sale and peace!

1971 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale
The FJ was bought for parts but it’s complete and no parts were ever taken from it. It has the straight-6 Toyota motor. The bfenders and body have rust but the frame, drivetrain and the inside is good. Has clean paper work. It’s one of three 1971 FJ 40’s that I have for sale.
For sale or trade for a newer diesel truck.
Willing to trade all 3 for a newer diesel pickup truck with no rust and lower miles.

View attachment 3045314

View attachment 3045315

View attachment 3045316

View attachment 3045317

View attachment 3045318
How.much?$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom