florida gearing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i want to put 34s or 35s on after my spring over with out regearing,til the summer..i live in florida and there is abslutly no hills and i was wondering if i could get away with 34s or 35s on stock gears til the summer because i spend the my summers in PA and there is moutians there pretty big ones..so i was wondering if that would work out til the summer?

You'll be fine,providing your not doing alot of trailering. I live in Florida also and have run 33x12.50 tires with 3:40 gears with no issues. I even had one truck with 32x10.50's and 3:00 gears!
Matter-o-fact,that extra wheelspeed really helps in the mud and sand. My buddy just put a 4 to 1 transfer case for rockcrawling in his Jeep and now spins down right away in mud n'sand unless he uses a high gear.
I told him,he built a rockcrawler and lives in Florida, DUH! :whoops:
Florida's terrain is alot more forgiving because you can hit things at speed.Try that in the rocks of Tennessee or Carolina's and you'll break something QUICK!

where do you live in florida maybe we could go wheeling sometime??if your up for it....thanks al

I'm on the North end of Ocala National Forest,on HWY.19 If you ever want to make a weekend up here I'll guide you through all the forest hot-spots. It's not too extreme,mostly sand but an occasional deep water crossing. I've ridden it over 20 years. Salt Springs is a great place to camp. I'd make a point to do the 7-mile Juniper Springs run in a canoe as well if I were you.
Let me know. I'm only off one weekend a month.

well im putting all my time and money into a spring over, it should be done before christmas. but after that hell yeah im always up for a adventure...we got to wheeling after christmas so when ever you want to set a date for when you want to go just drop me a line...if i dont hear from you ill got a hold of you on here after the soa is done.
good luck with the cruisers til then......al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom