1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

florida gearing

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by lowtideride, Oct 21, 2003.

1. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    i want to put 34s or 35s on after my spring over with out regearing,til the summer..i live in florida and there is abslutly no hills and i was wondering if i could get away with 34s or 35s on stock gears til the summer because i spend the my summers in PA and there is moutians there pretty big ones..so i was wondering if that would work out til the summer?

2. Iron_Pig

Iron_Pig

You'll be fine,providing your not doing alot of trailering. I live in Florida also and have run 33x12.50 tires with 3:40 gears with no issues. I even had one truck with 32x10.50's and 3:00 gears!
    Matter-o-fact,that extra wheelspeed really helps in the mud and sand. My buddy just put a 4 to 1 transfer case for rockcrawling in his Jeep and now spins down right away in mud n'sand unless he uses a high gear.
    I told him,he built a rockcrawler and lives in Florida, DUH! :whoops:
    Florida's terrain is alot more forgiving because you can hit things at speed.Try that in the rocks of Tennessee or Carolina's and you'll break something QUICK!

3. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    where do you live in florida maybe we could go wheeling sometime??if your up for it....thanks al

4. Iron_Pig

Iron_Pig

I'm on the North end of Ocala National Forest,on HWY.19 If you ever want to make a weekend up here I'll guide you through all the forest hot-spots. It's not too extreme,mostly sand but an occasional deep water crossing. I've ridden it over 20 years. Salt Springs is a great place to camp. I'd make a point to do the 7-mile Juniper Springs run in a canoe as well if I were you.
    Let me know. I'm only off one weekend a month.

5. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    well im putting all my time and money into a spring over, it should be done before christmas. but after that hell yeah im always up for a adventure...we got to wheeling after christmas so when ever you want to set a date for when you want to go just drop me a line...if i dont hear from you ill got a hold of you on here after the soa is done.
    good luck with the cruisers til then......al