Florida Cruisers??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i live in hollywood i just moved here from pa if ya wanna show me some trails or some good beachs to cruise on id be happy as all hell
hasta
big al

???While not yet a member of the flca, I have done some lurking there from time to time. It seems like a good group, but not very active. The problem here is that the Ocala Nat. Forrest is the only "free" place to wheel - legally, that I know of. Trips through Big Cypress (the everglades) and other parks are by lottery for expedition type travel. Private properties are the best bet (like hunting leases). Now if you lucky enough to work for a mining company that has a couple of hundred k of land and are a member of the hunting+fishing club, then you have a variety of places to wheel :D :whoops:(did I just say that?) :beer:

wanna let me tag along im my cruiser you could say ya dint know me

I used to belong to flca, good guys, but as seminole said not very active and all the events take place in north Fla., that's a long haul in an open 40. There are still quite a few trails near me (Naples), as long as you like sand, water and bottomless mud. Most of the 40's I see here would never be taken out where I go due to their shiny new paint jobs. What a shame not to use them for what they were meant for.

:( I'll poke around and see what is going on with some of our "reclaimed" land. Since it is open pit mining, there are alot of pits, spoil piles, sand, mud, dunes, swamp and trails (couple hundred sq miles). It is pretty remote but not completely isolated ( about 25 miles to the nearest "town" in any direction, from any location). I'll have to do some research and sneaking around, ever since the corporate types took over operations, all the perks have dried up (for us, not for them). I have to see if I can get fired for any of this or how far I can push the envelope. I'll PM you guys If I can work out anything, but it won't be in the immediate future (couple of weeks to months). I'll let you know. ;) :beer:

Maybe we should start a non-club club, the "IH8MUD.com" non-club Fla. chapter. Of course Woody would get a cut of t-shirt sales and probably a licensing fee. ;)

:D Hmm... Not a bad idea, maybe a sub-chapter of the FLCA? Or just a non affiliated, get dirty, and drink :beer: wheeling and maintenance club (maintenance form all the F'n mud and sand). If I can can find a way/place to get some folks on "company" property w/out getting canned I'm doing it. :cheers:

dddduuuddddee im in i have not had any cruiser buddies down here... ive talked to one lady that drove a 62 but she dint know what she had on her hands...shame... if you guys ever do any riding im in.....thanks al

I lived in FL my whole life before moving to South Texas, the best wheeling with easy access I found was In Ocala, and on a limited basis Tiger Bay state park west of Daytona. It was always a chore though to find a good place to go. Mostly it was undeveloped areas on the edges of town. When you guys find some good places let me know, I'll be coming home soon.

I live in Fort Walton Beach, right down the road from Pensacola.

Eglin has a lot of room to play. The NWF Land Rover Club has done weekend runs, with Eglin's permission, a couple of times. I would love to go out there with a couple of other vehicles. I've got the 80 and an older 4runner that would make it out as well (brother or dad will drive it).

Let me know

Does anyone know a good place to go off roading in south florida? I'm having a hard time finding places... In matter of fact I haven't found anywhere to go yet. My friend has an H1 an is willing to go with me but I have no where to go.

??? How far south? You might try Big Cypress (or is it Blue Cypress) State park. It is lottery based and VERY primitive (read EXPEDITION type wheeling). Went with a friend in a swamp buggy a few years ago. The other bet is private land or come up north a ways. There are places to go but you have to have some patience and perserverence to find them.

I live in South Palm Beach County specifically Boca Raton. I'm going to go check out some info on Big Cypress State Park and hopefully see if its not too far away. Anybody in my neck of the woods that is close to me and knows a couple spots to go off roadin, i'll be more than happy to tag along.

- Sammy

Checking in here from High Springs - just north of Gainesville. In fact, I think that I'm the northernmost FLCA member. Always looking for fellow CruiserHeads and a place to wheel.

Eric

[quote author=Sammy Jenkins link=board=4;threadid=4738;start=msg101263#msg101263 date=1076215696]
I live in South Palm Beach County specifically Boca Raton. I'm going to go check out some info on Big Cypress State Park and hopefully see if its not too far away. Anybody in my neck of the woods that is close to me and knows a couple spots to go off roadin, i'll be more than happy to tag along.

- Sammy
[/quote]

I just posted some info for anthoer guy about this very thing here.....

http://www.flca.org/

[quote author=Jacknasty link=board=4;threadid=4738;start=msg85535#msg85535 date=1073412329]
I live in Fort Walton Beach, right down the road from Pensacola.

Eglin has a lot of room to play. The NWF Land Rover Club has done weekend runs, with Eglin's permission, a couple of times. I would love to go out there with a couple of other vehicles. I've got the 80 and an older 4runner that would make it out as well (brother or dad will drive it).

Let me know
[/quote]

drop me an email Tommyiv@cox.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom