FREE Florida - 1998 LC 55k Miles- Whats this worth??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey All! I hope this is ok for this forum but if not plaese let me know and I'll remove it. I have been on and off searching for a LC for some time now and I think I may have found a 100 I like. It one of those friend of a friend things so I wanted to make sure he and I both settle on a fair price.

1 owner 1998 LC with 55k original miles!!!!!!!! It's Mica Gray on tan interior and all stock. Runs well and the timing belt was changed 3k ago . Most of the truck is in great shape but here is what I noticed was wrong with it:
- Has some dents most will PDR out
- Replaced passenger fender from a fender bender with a garage wall.
- Sunroof leaked at one time and they siliconed it shut
- A/C is warm
- Driver seat has small tear
- Missing 3rd row seats.
- Power door locks don't work
- Power antenna is brcken off
- IFS boots leaking - no binding or clicking, so just a repack and boots

I know it is really hard to give a price as it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. However, it's really hard to find any with these miles so any thoughts on fair pricing would be appreciated.

Thanks in adavance!!!

Last edited:
pm send

Honestly, sounds it could have been a unicorn. It just sounds like a beat up truck with low mileage.

Are we sure that instrument cluster hasn't been swapped?

Throw some photo's on here, let us all pick it apart. I'd personally buy one with 300K and in wonderful shape over this one

Both CarFax and Autocheck validate the miles and I'm the buying party so it's my job to lower the value with all the bad things, haha. It's much nicer than most but a little rougher than the miles would sugest.

Both CarFax and Autocheck validate the miles and I'm the buying party so it's my job to lower the value with all the bad things, haha. It's much nicer than most but a little rougher than the miles would sugest.

I know you are the buying party. That's my concern. It's 21 years old and has been driven 2,600 miles a month since it was new. Those seals holding in all the fluids? Probably dry...pending leaks.

That truck does not sound like it's been cared for...how much other stuff has been half assed?

I can repair or replace most of the listed items above but I can't replace the miles. So if I assume it has not been cared for as you or I would care for it and I assume at least the listed repairs need to be done plus a few other unforeseen ones, what's a good price? 15k? 12k? 8k?

I wouldn’t pay more than 9k for that. That would be top of the mark for me. I’d rather have a newer one, all the maintenance baselined, and a sunroof. Low mileage is great, if it’s mint condish, and the owner has actually kept up with the maintenance. Most people don’t do timing belt and other stuff because they haven’t hit the mileage recommendations. But they still need stuff from just sitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom