SOLD Florida: 1981 BJ44 JDM RHD w/AC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I am selling this Land Cruiser for a local friend. This is a 1981 BJ44 JDM model Land Cruiser with 295,xxx kilometers or around 192xxx miles. The 44 series is a medium wheelbase model so a bit longer than the standard 40 series. This truck has a 2B series diesel engine and a 4 speed transmission. It also has a nice working, factory air conditioning unit. The truck has a new OME complete suspension kit on it with City Racer 16 rims and near new 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx tires. In addition, it has one of the limited edition ARB front bumpers. The paint looks to be mainly original (maybe an old repaint) that has been touched up along the years. The frame is pretty clean and looks good. The body has some rust here and there and I have done my best to show in photos. This is a really solid model and the owner has been daily driving it around town for the last year or so. Asking $26,500. Please PM if you want to discuss.

86DAE289-DBE9-42A7-9B5E-681C5237EED4.jpeg
B81B577E-58DD-482E-80ED-F4D2DE5D5FF3.jpeg
094E5404-0EAA-402F-93CB-F243C2C2DFDE.jpeg
99150640-DBA8-405F-9E98-48CBA851B694.jpeg
0D98ACE6-62D6-4279-B857-6F7A78DDFA07.jpeg

Last edited:
Crazy no one has snatched this up. Too busy buying crappy South and Central A bondo queens with sold tops that last a year

Brush on mustard yellow, bright red, or bright blue on it, park it here with $35k on it and it will sell within a week

and don't forget to fill in every body weld seam with bondo

I sure like the 44, MWB really makes a cool size bush truck. I guess the non-sale is the catch 22 of showing the rust, its honest, but like others said people seem happy to pay for what's hidden rather than what they see. I will say however, I don't find the rust insignificant, nice truck overall but maybe a bit pricey with the rust. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
I sure like the 44, MWB really makes a cool size bush truck. I guess the non-sale is the catch 22 of showing the rust, its honest, but like others said people seem happy to pay for what's hidden rather than what they see. I will say however, I don't find the rust insignificant, nice truck overall but maybe a bit pricey with the rust. Good luck with the sale.
Yea the owner is open to some negotiation. I think you would be hard pressed to find another 44 series with factory AC that works, new suspension, new tires, new wheels, and runs and drives pretty dang good. If I didn’t have 10 cruisers myself I would probably just keep it. Everyone keeps saying “if only it were LHD and rust free.” In that case the price would not start with a 2.

That, sir, is a gem. During my years in Japan I saw many mid wheel base 40s and in my opinion they are the most overall functional size ever made. And the JDM houndstooth insert seats with the forward facing rear! Many people who live in the west don’t understand the high standard that the JDM vehicles are maintained to. Absolutely no comparison to the barbaric standards of SA. I wish my garage wasn’t already full and sending three boys through college. Good luck with this one.

That, sir, is a gem. During my years in Japan I saw many mid wheel base 40s and in my opinion they are the most overall functional size ever made. And the JDM houndstooth insert seats with the forward facing rear! Many people who live in the west don’t understand the high standard that the JDM vehicles are maintained to. Absolutely no comparison to the barbaric standards of SA. I wish my garage wasn’t already full and sending three boys through college. Good luck with this one.
Amen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom