Floor securing new build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, so I’m looking at doing my build on the troop very soon but just trying to approach it the right way, firstly I would be having some sort of plywood and coat it seal it but before all that whether I’ve used sound deadening on the bottom of the car. So I’ll be having my flooring on top of the vinyl and sound deadening in case I were to rip up the build in a few years time. But my question is what is the best way of securing the floor, luckily enough I’ve got some existing bolt holes for the seatbelts at the rear of the troop which can be utilised. But from the wheel arches up towards the front there are no existing holes what should I do to secure it, would rather not drill into the bottom as rust will definitely find its way there. Was thinking of making an L bracket and securing one side of the bracket to a wall panel and making the bracket big enough that it won’t allow any movement, also screwing the other side of the bracket to the floor but screws won’t run through the floor. Any ideas/ tips/ tricks you know of or come across would be awesome. Been trying to slowly chip away at the car and get it back to a good condition ready for a build!
E73728F0-A20A-4C24-A55E-C7EC1A55F8E2.jpeg

Hi
I put rivnuts in the floor and bolted the wooden floor panel down.
I carefully put enamel on the drilled holes and let it cure before inserting the rivnuts.
The rivnuts were inserted with a bed of anti-corrosion fat (Fluidfilm paste).
From under, the rivnuts with bolts in were coated in Permafilm. I hope to get away with it.
The side walls are not very stable and on a 90° angle you can't really bolt the floor down. I think that will rattle?
Good Luck Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom