1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Floor Mats

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by CruisinGA, Feb 10, 2004.

1. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Yes my mom needs some new floor mats.
    The 40th anniversary ones are dried and mishapen, and aren't quite large enough.
    (really I think they are fine but my dad hates them and I've been assigned the project of finding new ones)
    I did search, and checked SOR. SOR has the 40th ones, and their own model- which looks good other than that hideously large heel pad on the drivers side.
    So what have you used, and liked?
    They need to be carpet ones up front and for the rear passengers, but rubber like a husky is fine for the cargo area.
    Thanks.

2. Junk

Junk

Cruisin - someone recently had them on closeout. I remember being shocked because they were the 40th's. Maybe someone remembers seeing something, but it wasn't long ago at all.

3. G-Cat

G-Cat SILVER Star

Albums:
    I have some new in-the-box 40ths that I got from SOR. I believe they still sell them..around $65 for the front pair.

I'll do a search and see if I can find 'em on their site.

4. G-Cat

G-Cat SILVER Star

Albums:
  5. Junk

Junk

Not sure if that qualifies as a BOOM Garth, LOL, but Cruisin, you'll be hardpressed to do much better than that. Get them.

6. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    40th mats are on Ebay ALL the time.

WeatherTech makes a nice mat for the 80, mom has a set in the front of her 80.

7. G-Cat

G-Cat SILVER Star

Albums:
  8. 96Cruiser

96Cruiser

Media:
    hey John,when yor mom got the weathertecs did they come as a "kinda" universal fit?
    reason i ask is i had bought my dad a set of the original rubber weathertecs for his minivan(plymouth) and they were an excellent fit/quality.........

however,when i ordered the carpeted weathertecs when i first bought my 80,they came as a "kinda" universal set and i was none too impressed,in fact i went and ordered a set of factory mats from my dealer instead.(the weathertec people said they didnt make a full custom set for the landcruiser :mad:

The weathertec rear cargo mat is a nice piece though(no complaints through two winters now)

anyhow,i was just gonna say for full blown protection the husky's are hard to beat(but they slide around a little)

doug

9. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

[quote author=Garth1 link=board=2;threadid=11333;start=msg102960#msg102960 date=1076467790]
    I have some new in-the-box 40ths that I got from SOR. I believe they still sell them..around $65 for the front pair.

I'll do a search and see if I can find 'em on their site.

[/quote]
    Thanks, but lol, I said that I already visited SOR. :D
    The 40th mats are alright, and that is a good price, but I was wondering if there is anything better out there.

10. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    hmmmm......I'll have to look, they were not a perfect fit like the OEM mats.......at least thats what I recall, but mum likes em, held up for 7 years.

Got some Huskies in dads Ford.......not all that impressed, like you mention they slide around a bit.

I use the cheap Costco Kraco mats in the fj60 and 62 and my 80, for $15 ya can't beat them and they are similar to the Weathertechs

[quote author=96Cruiser link=board=2;threadid=11333;start=msg102984#msg102984 date=1076469266]
    hey John,when yor mom got the weathertecs did they come as a "kinda" universal fit?
    reason i ask is i had bought my dad a set of the original rubber weathertecs for his minivan(plymouth) and they were an excellent fit/quality.........

however,when i ordered the carpeted weathertecs when i first bought my 80,they came as a "kinda" universal set and i was none too impressed,in fact i went and ordered a set of factory mats from my dealer instead.(the weathertec people said they didnt make a full custom set for the landcruiser :mad:

The weathertec rear cargo mat is a nice piece though(no complaints through two winters now)

anyhow,i was just gonna say for full blown protection the husky's are hard to beat(but they slide around a little)

doug
    [/quote]

11. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
  12. G-Cat

G-Cat SILVER Star

Albums:
    Sorry, I are need to werk on my reeding skils. :whoops:

Saw "40th", saw "floor mats" flushed the rest! :slap:

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">