1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flood vehicle question

Discussion in '150-Series Toyotas' started by Joshuak172, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Joshuak172

Joshuak172

hey guys, I know the usual answer is “no, hell no!” when looking at potentially buying a flood salvage vehicle but check this out: https://www.copart.com/lot/40164207/Photos

It’s a 2017 trd off road and the water line just came up to the bottom of the door. I know it would help to inspect/drive it first but are there any other problems you can think of that might arise? Thinking or using it as a farm vehicle...

Thanks

2. Jacket

Jacket Moderator

How can you validate "just came up to the bottom of the door?" That seems like a canned attempt to sell a vehicle. That said, if it flooded the electronics in the kick panels I'd guess they would have totaled it. But I'd want to see it/smell it/pull off paneling and look at all the hidden stuff before I pulled the trigger.

3. Joshuak172

Joshuak172

Yeah, I agree on checking it out first. One of the pictures in that link I posted has the adjusters mark of the water line on it.

4. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

river water it's not the same as sea water .. and if the last it's the case I'll pass on it ..