FLEX - remanufactured Diesel Landcruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
concept_slick_01.jpg

concept_slick_05.jpg

www.flexnet.co.jp

FLEXCUSTM VOL1 : Wonder/ワンダー - 中古車の販売・検索は中古車情報のフレックス FLEX

plug the link into google translate

Last edited:
Japan. There's another thread about them. Under 60 series grille I think

I think it looks like some forgotten model of International Scout, I don't mind it.

I have seen many pics of their work, I like them! I just hope the workmanship is as clean as the pics make it out to be. There never seems to be any close ups....

Very cool and very inspired work. However, based on the price they advertising, they are definitely not fully restored or re-manufactured. They probably get some select used vehicles, do the mods, add accessories, re-paint and sell. Any real close-ups would reveal this.

Remanufacturing is the rebuilding of a product to specifications of the original manufactured product using a combination of reused, repaired and new parts. It requires the repair or replacement of worn out or obsolete components and modules.
That appears to be what FLEX is doing.

Who cares about a grill and faux wood trim. Look at those wheels! 16" x 7" with caps and not split-rim? You could fill up a seacan full of those and sell them in a week to the 40's crowd. Can't find them on the site, but they must sell them.

The FLEX site inspired me to paint with 4E9 3 years ago. Some of the trucks use the newer FJ paint codes and oddly enough look even more retro.

I like it. it doesn't appear that any 2015 updates have been done. All the info on the site refers to 2014 pricing and options. Maybe they made a run at it and they didn't have enough to support the business model?

Ah....FLEX Dream......more like "Disturbing Nightmare" really.... Before I bought my current 80 I was at a few of their shops looking for a 70 Series. I found a beautiful "remodeled" chocolate brown 76 Series wagon and when I reached down under the rear rocker and pulled out a big clump of rust the sales guy looked at me like I was vandalizing the thing. "Hey, this shouldn't be like this for this price" is all I said. Didn't phase him at all. Some poor J dude will come along and buy it. I heard terrible things about the 60/80 hybrid modded trucks, too. Massive amounts of heavy body filler but that may have been the earlier renditions. The new paint work looks good in the pictures but up close ....pretty low budget attention to detail actually. Business practices have also been described as less than angelic....haha Lots of suckers around I guess...

Oh ya...and most of these conversions are done on gassers....not diesels. Guys from the city not interested in wheeling buy these things and you can't register diesel LC's in the city.

Well that would make sense as to why no new updates to the site has been done. Thanks for the info.

Yep- Typical work for Japan- all surface. Thats the reason the sales guy didn't skip a beat- because that's normal. I went and had s look at a very low mileage Nissan safari/patrol and it was s pretty penny. The salesman wouldn't confirm it but it had obviously been left outside for years with grass growing up under it before he got his hands on it. Every part of the bottom of the car had been sprayed heavily with chassis black paint. But you can still see big holes in the body. Quick respray set of new tires and shine rubber parts-clean the interior and what amounts to a useless car can be sold for 20 grand.

Can't say it's entirely the car Industry guys fault. They get a 20-year-old car but has had almost 0 maintenance- probably still has the original air filter –have to figure how to sell it make profit without it costing $50,000. The little things in life like muffler shops etc. just don't exist here- everything is a one off.

I would never buy a car in Japan unless it has original paint. And if you ever do find a car here that has been done correctly you could probably buy a house for almost the same cost.

Ya...it's a turd minefield for sure..haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom