Flex Pics, SUA...hmmmm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
Out of more boredom today I decided to check how the cruiser flexes today at a local shop. It's a 30 degree ramp and boy do I need more FLEX!!! Alcan 4+" springs, 35" tires

My shackle angle is poo...how much would reworking that help? Enough to justify new hangers until the SOA??? Or fawk it and leave it till then.

First pic, not much after this the front tire picks up...

flex6.jpg

The front stuffs pretty good...

flex4.jpg

Yes my door is still smashed...
flex2.jpg

the back looks alittle stiff

but like you said, the front stuffs pretty good.
SOA it !!

Sorry Ben

I MISSED THE RH SHOT.

just wonder'n, but , the steel straps that wrap around leaf pak, do you keep them clamped or are they open?
i have found that by bending them upward,it still keeps the leaf pak from faning out, but it also lets them drop alot during articulation, and moves more freely on compresion.

just an idea.

2badfjs said:
I MISSED THE RH SHOT.

just wonder'n, but , the steel straps that wrap around leaf pak, do you keep them clamped or are they open?
i have found that by bending them upward,it still keeps the leaf pak from faning out, but it also lets them drop alot during articulation, and moves more freely on compresion.

just an idea.

The straps have been opened on these packs. I dunno how much more that helps. I think the rear is a little stiff for the ramp...it seems to tuck real good off road which is a better test anyways...

nother question...

should I "de-arch" the Alcans? or go with factory springs?

I could sell the Alcans to help cover some cost I guess.

you got me...

FJBen said:
The straps have been opened on these packs. I dunno how much more that helps. I think the rear is a little stiff for the ramp...it seems to tuck real good off road which is a better test anyways...

nother question...

should I "de-arch" the Alcans? or go with factory springs?

I could sell the Alcans to help cover some cost I guess.

are you talkin when/if you go SOA?

i'm in the same boat,i'm runnin 2 1/2 inch skyjacker springs on my 40.sua
do i take a leaf or two out of that pak, or do i go with stock springs :confused:

my 60's SOA with stock springs and a A-A-L i love that set up.

yeah, do I go SOA w/dearched Alcans...

or do I sell those, and get some stock height springs??? Alcan will do it pretty dang cheap(dearch them that is) but someother pig owner might benefit more from having a nice 4" kit...decisions...

decisions, right...

i'm thinkin the same way.
sell the lift and go back to a modified stock spring.

already got my stock 40 fronts from TJ :cool:

FJBen when are you looking at doing the SOA. Would you be interested in a trade my stockers and some $ for your lift when I buy that parts pig I'll have 2 sets for you to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom