FLCA Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who owns/runs FLCA? Is this an active group anymore?

Looking at TLCA chapter listing, there is currently no FL chapter.

Few of us cruiser heads south of I4 are looking at starting a club and seeking TLCA recognition, just wondering what's become of FLCA, and who's carrying that torch.
I'd love to talk to the person(s) running he FLCA currently.

dan(@)evilfj.com

TLCA has a link on their page for starting a chapter. I'd guess if there was anything existing, you could reach out to them as well and get the necessary info if there are any bones to build that were previously done by someone else.

I am currently President of the local chapter of IMBA (International Mountain BIke Association) in Orlando. Since I 've got some experience in that sort of thing, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I'd definitely love to see some organization in Florida. I hate being the only Cruiser at Jeep rides!

Mark

Yeah, I would also like to see a more active forum/group activities.

For a long time there was a very active club with a dealership sponsorship and lots of events and members. I have the sticker on my 62 but that wa before my time for the most part. Steve and Luis can tell more about than I can. I believe there's still a bank account with some money that Luis has access to.

I spoke with Luis on the phone last week. There is a planned social event/cook out in the works. It will be announced here soon. He found some boxes with FLCA T shirts from the old days to give out and money in the account to buy food with.

Interest has waned in recent years. Last Turkey Trot local event only twelve people show up. GSMTR last month only four Florida people came. It would be great to see a revived FLCA or Florida group with new people and ideas.

I might be willing to take up a leadership position if needed. It would be great to get the Charter re-instated.

Count me in also. I never realised there were so many members here in Orlando.

I spoke with Luis on the phone last week. There is a planned social event/cook out in the works. It will be announced here soon. He found some boxes with FLCA T shirts from the old days to give out and money in the account to buy food with.

Interest has waned in recent years. Last Turkey Trot local event only twelve people show up. GSMTR last month only four Florida people came. It would be great to see a revived FLCA or Florida group with new people and ideas.

Who is Luis? I don't think I know him, but I'd like to get in touch with him if he was/is related to FLCA.

The low attendance numbers are surprising, Appalachian Toyota Roundup has a lot of FL attendees so far.
I think there's plenty of interest in the Toyota community, there are a lot of younger folks with newer Toyota's that don't necessarily know that all of this (TLCA) is out there.
Facebook and Instagram are booming with Toyota folk, 4Runners of every kind, FJ Cruisers.

TLCA has a link on their page for starting a chapter. I'd guess if there was anything existing, you could reach out to them as well and get the necessary info if there are any bones to build that were previously done by someone else.

I am currently President of the local chapter of IMBA (International Mountain BIke Association) in Orlando. Since I 've got some experience in that sort of thing, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I'd definitely love to see some organization in Florida. I hate being the only Cruiser at Jeep rides!

Mark

I've contacted TLCA about any information on FL Activity and getting in touch with those associated with FLCA, but received no response.

They should still have a part time administrator type position to respond to inquiries, but let me know if they don't and I'll help track someone down.

No matter, don't think anyone would object to new blood taking over some semblance of leadership, but be forewarned - it's often more work than you think. Good clubs take work to keep the less motivated interested.

They should still have a part time administrator type position to respond to inquiries, but let me know if they don't and I'll help track someone down.

No matter, don't think anyone would object to new blood taking over some semblance of leadership, but be forewarned - it's often more work than you think. Good clubs take work to keep the less motivated interested.

That would be me, as far as that goes; how are you doing, Bill, and how is Jim, Mike & the rest of the crew? I am planning to bring Tanka back to life in 2019, hope we can do at least one more STLCA run!

Bro. Bullfrog aka Clam Hunter aka Really Old Mike *^)

Last edited:
Mike, so nice to hear from you - has been at least ten years....

That would be me, as far as that goes; how are you doing, Bill, and how is Jim, Mike & the rest of the crew? I am planning to bring Tanka back to life in 2019, hope we can do at least one more STLCA run!

Bro. Bullfrog aka Clam Hunter aka Really Old Mike *^)
Blast from the past. Hope all is well. We need a Florida boys resurrection! Lol

What do we need to do to make it happen?

We need a President, Treasurer,
Event coordinator, website manager, and TLCA/Public Representative. And people who can really commit to those positions. I am hesitant to take on club responsibilities since my amount of free time seems to fluctuate significantly.

Did this ever get worked out? Is there actually a Florida chapter in place with meets and meeting and I’m just not seeing it? How do you join? How much are dues?

There are no dues or regular meetings. You just joined. Welcome :flipoff2:

I have been thinking a bit about this lately and I think the thing to do may be to do it a bit like ONSC (North Carolina) and divide up the state into maybe four regions, say North, Central, Tampa/St Pete and South Florida and each can decide how much they want to contribute and what they want to do.

Anyone have thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom