Flatlander’s 1974 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Flatlanderfj40

TLCA 24579
GOLD Star
Threads
Introducing my new rig. This is my 6th Toyota but 1st FJ40. The truck came out of Arizona and is virtually rust free. My dad recently retired and my son is 13 and the plan is to spend some time getting the little things cleaned up together; new door seals, hard top restored, recover rear bench seats, etc. I've been lurking around for a while and joined after purchasing my family's new toy. ODO-134,420. Cheers!
IMG_4293.JPG

Last edited:
Sorting through a ton of parts that came with the truck, including brand new seat covers for the rear jump seats.

Does anyone know why this is? Prolly 10ft long or so
IMG_4320.JPG

looks like the seal in between the hardtop and the tub.

Discovered 3 fuel filters in line today. I'm thinking the PO did for some reason?? Removed 1 and it seems to be running much better. Are 2 standard? Thanks for all your help.

So I've driven around 1k mikes since I picked the 40 up in October. The fuel issue/stalling I was experiencing ended up to being a faulty gas cap. Re-routed the fuel line and filter in addition to cleaning up the aux fuel take fuel lines...running smooth now.

Cleaned up and repainted rear jump seats. The PO had new foams and covers so I installed those. Original seat belts to finish off.

Dash was cut at some point. I run a Bluetooth speaker and IPhone so a friend of mine made a plate to cover.

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4369.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG

I've discovered a coolant leak. Waterpump was replaced in 2010, t-Stat in 2001, hoses are CCOT....the leak very small, however, it's driving me crazy and getting my engine bay dirty. I picked some OE clamps and hoses and plan to replace the t-stat, gaskets and heater union soon at that time.

IMG_4633.JPG

IMG_4634.JPG

A little history-California truck. I found on CL locally. The PO had purchased it from another MUD member in Arizona, July 2014. I've been in contact with them and they bought it in 2000. Pic attached from when they purchased it and MuD classified.
11/74 FJ189996
'76 2F 206531
Freeborn Red

IMG_4346.JPG

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_4362.PNG

LED dashlights in and to my surprise the high beam light works! Went with Super Bright Lights.

IMG_4508.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom