flat towing a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody out there flat towing their 60 ? I flat towed a 40 that was my trail rig years ago, and it worked well...
feedback and thoughts are welcome....

:cheers:

I flat towed a 60 I bought last year more than 2000 miles over flatlands and a couple of mountain passes. Everything worked great. I disconnected both drive shafts for good measure (probably not necessary for a shorter distance).

I have flat towed our 60 for many thousands of trouble free miles. I use a RoadMaster tow bar and nothing in the driveline is disconnected. The trans (H55) is in neutral and transfer case in 2 high. I was told to run the transfer case in 2h so it will keep oil moving and lubricate the bearings. Towing this way will show miles on your odo, but I'm too lazy to disconnected the speedo cable...LOL!

I tow ours behind a class A motor home on a F53 chassis which have huge brakes. The motor home does not even know the 60 is behind it when stopping. I don't have breaks on the 60, which is illegal in many states. I may get a system that pushes the 60's brake pedal when the motor homes brakes are applied just to be legal

I would not hesitate to flat tow the 60, as long as your using a suitable tow vehicle.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom