Flat towing '71 FJ40 tail light wiring need help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Captn Conch

Life Begins Above Timberline.
Threads
Flat towing behind my 92 Chev 1 ton regular cab non dually.
I want to go right into my rear tail light wire and wire in flat 4 pin connector at rear of PU of course. I want to bypass my 40 electrical system. So I want to hook up directly to my Pickup towing plug and take the flat pin wiring kit clear to the rear t-light wires and splice in the wires that will not feed back pickups juice into cruiser wiring. or is it just easier to put on the magnetic tail light kits? but my bumper has diamond plate like pattern on the rear iron metal bumper, with that I will have to anchor them with bailing wire or something. Thought it would be easier to just wire into the rear tail lights as I plan to flat tow back and forth between home and mountains about 45 miles.

I bought the cheap magnetic tail light kit off Amazon. As my rear bumper is a big metal one with diamond plate, the magnets did stick but no way to trust that! I simply tied bailing wire around the necks and bumper just firm not tight and they stayed in place perfectly and securely. Worst part was threading the wire through the frame using zip ties back to front for security... greasy oily fun! As soon as I completed I thought, Man, I should have tested them before stringing. No prob, worked as intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom