Flashlight mount(s) for Steel Door Panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I'm making a flashlight mount to be mounted on my 80 series steel door panels.

Before doing that, I'm curious to know what flashlight I should make it for. What flashlight are you guys using? I know most of us have a few, I'm looking for the one that might be sitting in your door pocket now.

Specifically, I'm only looking to mount flashlights that can have a mount/charger option.

So, what flashlight are you using?

Mount/charger? That limits it down a bunch.

I have a bunch of Fenix lights and a couple four sevens. None have a charger.

Do you see a need to have one that is always charging though? For instance, I have a streamlight, I keep that thing charging all the time.

I would use quickfists. years past I would have said go with Surefire, but they have become so bloated and overpriced, their lights are not keeping up with the competition and cost 2-3x. I would say just get a 4sevens and keep a couple CR123's around.

Leaving a rechargeable battery plugged in all the time is a good way for it to go bad. Also neither Li-ion or NiMH batteries do very well with very high or low temps, like during summer or winter. I'd recommend something that runs off lithium primary--CR123A or Energizer ultimate lithium AA. I have an old Surefire G2 with a Malkoff Devices M61 LED dropin to replace the stock incan lamp that lives in my console. Fenix, Foursevens, Olight, Nitecore are usually good stuff and not too expensive. If you're set on rechargeable you could try the Olight S20R. It's a little expensive but has a charging dock and the nice thing is it'll run 2xCR123A as well. http://goinggear.com/flashlights/fl...able-cree-xm-l2-550-lumen-led-flashlight.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom