Flashing ck eng light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
Well on the way home my ck eng light started flashing ... Then I started loosing power made it the house before it died... I think it's the fuel pump any ideas, I'll ck the codes tomarrow

I love my 5.3 most of the time but this s***s drivin me crazy

I can't say how the pump reacts on a 5.3 but when the pump dies on a 62 it's just dead no slow make it home.

I have heard of similar symptoms turning out to be the the alternator dying. I had some flickering dash lights shortly before the alternator died in my diesel. The best part of the diesel is that I drove around all day with a dead alternator, motor didn't care.

Tony

On newer OBD2 engines a flashing check engine light means a missfire that could damage the converters. Pull codes and see whats going on. Insufficient fuel due to a failing pump could cause this. There will be lean codes and missfire codes if it is a fuel supply problem.

started right up this mornin drove to work cked the codes and no miss fire code .... had some tranny codes :mad: cleared them hopin they were from runnin it with the tranny un pluged after swap :rolleyes: no problem to or from work:bang: I got a spare fuel pump and filter just in case...:steer:

shouldnt be the alt just replaced that cause the last installer broke the insulator:rolleyes:

no converters to damage ... but also no codes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom