Flashers steady when brakes applied (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.source3.com
I would look at the wiring diagram but my manuals are still packed away somewhere from my move and I am very curious for an answer. Been meaning to check into this for a few years.

When the brakes are applied, the flashers stop flashing. Is this normal? Specs: original wiring harness, early '73.

Thoughts?

Weak battery?

Does this still happen with the engine running (as well as when the engine/alternator is off)?

:beer:

Weak battery?

Does this still happen with the engine running (as well as when the engine/alternator is off)?

:beer:

Strong battery. Happens when engine is on or off. What puzzles me is that the turn signals work when brakes are applied. Have have gone through the grounds too.

Last edited:
sound like brake circuit is grounding through signal light, probably at the tail light assembly. i had a saab that did it.

sound like brake circuit is grounding through signal light, probably at the tail light assembly. i had a saab that did it.

I have replaced one tailight with OEM and have gone through the grounds and sockets. If no one else is experiencing this problem I will go through the wiring again.

Happens when engine is on or off. What puzzles me is that the turn signals work when brakes are applied. Have have gone through the grounds too.

Oh. So the flashers come on by themselves when the brakes are applied!

I agree with Cruisernerd then.

What's the condition of the wiring like and how "clean" are your tail light assemblies? (Perhaps your tail light bulbs look more like garden-bulbs trying to grow in moist soil.. :D)

is it only one side or both?

Are you talking about the four way hazards? Yes they should stop flashing because brake lights are more important than flashers. Only with separate stop-turn signals will they keep flashing.

Damn... It wouldn't be normal on my 1979.

I must learn to butt out of conversations on early models. :eek:

there is abad ground somewhere. Go back and take an emery cloth or sandpaper to all of your grounds. I know someone asked but how old os the wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom